1.    #1  
    Brand new to the 700wx. I really am overwhelmed so far by the 2 or 3 paths that seem to take me to the same place. So many choices..
    I want to buy a memory card and have found great prices on 4gig cards. For whatever reason, I have not heard of the companies before. What should I look for? Should I just stick to 2gig?
    Is there a great weather link? Not really sure I like what the phone offers now.
    Thanks
    I don't belive the treo supports 4g cards.
    I have just morphed from the 650 to the 700wx also, and was thinking the same question. Guess I'll get a 2GB card.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 700W and my Transcend 4 gig card works just fine.

WCK
    this was the thread where a few guys were trying to get it to work. I don't think thay figured it out. I think it works on the p but not the w/wx

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=132513
    As long as the 4GB SD is not SDHC format, you should be fine.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I have the Adata 150X 4GB card on my 700w and no problems.
    i though all 4g cards were that format. I haven't seen anyone in the thread say thay had a 4g working.

learn something everyday.

question... can you tell before you buy, if a card is formated as sdhc? and can you reformat a card if it is sdhc.
    4GB cards will work if they are NOT SDHC. I have a standard 4GB SD card and it works fine.
    2GB is more than enough IMO. My cards are about 1/6 full at the moment. The one thing that stopped me from storing all my music/entertainment to my Treos were horrible slow speed in transfering files.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    I have a 4g card I use it to store movies on it so when I travel I can watch movies on the airplane (slingbox at the airport). Also its enough memory not to have to really worry about storing files pics and programs. And they are not much more then a 2gig card price wise.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    2GB is more than enough IMO. My cards are about 1/6 full at the moment. The one thing that stopped me from storing all my music/entertainment to my Treos were horrible slow speed in transfering files.
    Achilles:

You have to use a card reader to copy files from your PC directly to the card. Speeds things up considerably. As for music, establish a sync relationship between your PC Windows Media Player with your SD card (using the reader). After the initial copy, things are much faster since only the updates need to be copied each time you re-sync.

HTH

WCK
    I see no reason to get a new 2GB card unless you need it for a specific purpose. You'd might as well get the largest card you can.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i though all 4g cards were that format. I haven't seen anyone in the thread say thay had a 4g working.
    I've been using my 4 GB card since May 28, 2006 with no problems at all and planning on getting an 8 GB when available. This has been my process since getting my first 16MB card in the old days.

- remove the old card from the device
    - use a card reader to zip up the old card***
    - swap out the old card with the new card in the reader
    - extract the zipped file to the new card
    - put the new card into the device

***I always back my cards up this way every month or so that the apps that I have installed there will match up with the registry entries on the device.
    I use the transcend 4gb card fron Newegg. It works fine.
    More memory is never a bad thing, especially when sd cards are so inexpensive. You can pick up a 4 gb card for ~$65.
    With the extra space you can drag a few hundred songs over and a movie or two.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I just bought a 2 gig card and have been afraid to plug it in.... I have had an absolutely problem-free 228mb card I've been using for about 3 years.

Can anyone comment on their experiences in moving stuff from one card to another? I have almost all of my non-Today Screen programs installed on the card. What would the results be if I just copied the contents of the card in total to my hard drive then copied it over to the new card? Does that work or would that be a disaster?
    Quote Originally Posted by zagleft1 View Post
    Can anyone comment on their experiences in moving stuff from one card to another? I have almost all of my non-Today Screen programs installed on the card. What would the results be if I just copied the contents of the card in total to my hard drive then copied it over to the new card? Does that work or would that be a disaster?
    Read my comment above. I outlined the transition in simple steps.
    Weather? Get WorldMate Pro..or did you mean "whether"? j.k.