1.    #1  
    Palm Treo750 and Vista. It will sync if using Outlook but if you use Outlook 2007 then you need at least Office Business that comes with "Business Contact Manager". It will not sync up without the BCM. So If you upgrade just outlook from 2002 that comes with the device to Outlook 2007 you will need to buy the more expensive Office Business. This makes no sense to me but this is another of Microsofts tricks to have you buy a more expensive program.
    I read somewhere else that moving to Vista and MDA for sync prohibits you from syncing with other, older machines. That blows. At work, we are still on WIN2000 machines (for developers no less!)
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I don't get Vista. If I 'upgrade' from XP to Vista there are going to be features that I lose and things that run slower. All just for a fancy UI.

Office 2007 looks good though although I now only use Outlook (2003) for storing the calendar and contact info. It always runs in the background - I almost never open it up.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    All you need to sync your Treo to Outlook is the Windows Moble Device Center, a free download from the Microsoft website that is the replacement for ActiveSync. As far as I know it will work with older versions of Outlook but it does work with Outlook 2007. I am syncing with Outlook 2007 and do not have BCM loaded at all.
  5.    #5  
    Tdar, what version of office are you using? BCM does not come with Outlook 2007, it comes on Office business, Pro, or Ultimate and runs when you install Office. So you don't know you have a problem unless you install outlook 2007 without the Office products above.

flane
    i am using it just fine with office 2007 enterprise, which definitely does not have BCM.

in addition, i work in the MS Office division at microsoft, and can guarantee you that it works w/o BCM
  7.    #7  
    Maoun , I wish I knew what you did to make it work. I installed Vista Home Premium on my machine, fresh install not upgrade. I then installed Outlook 2007 and could not get my 750 synced. I then reformatted because I was still running trial and error before I set up my machine. After reformatting and reinstalling Vista, I installed Outlook 2002 that comes on the Treo CD. It synced without a problem. I have since read your last post. INstalled Outlook 2007 and once again cannot sync. Keep in mind there is no other software installed other than Vista, full install and Outlook 2007. I guess my concern is I'm working with two MS products, it should go without a hitch. Not so. By the way I had to reformat and reinstall Outlook 2002 right after Vista and it works again. Oh well, maybe someone will have a simple answer.
    anybody else having this issue??

mine went in flawlessly, though i personally use enterprise. what SKU did you install?? just outlook 2007 stand-alone?

Quote Originally Posted by franklane View Post
    Maoun , I wish I knew what you did to make it work. I installed Vista Home Premium on my machine, fresh install not upgrade. I then installed Outlook 2007 and could not get my 750 synced. I then reformatted because I was still running trial and error before I set up my machine. After reformatting and reinstalling Vista, I installed Outlook 2002 that comes on the Treo CD. It synced without a problem. I have since read your last post. INstalled Outlook 2007 and once again cannot sync. Keep in mind there is no other software installed other than Vista, full install and Outlook 2007. I guess my concern is I'm working with two MS products, it should go without a hitch. Not so. By the way I had to reformat and reinstall Outlook 2002 right after Vista and it works again. Oh well, maybe someone will have a simple answer.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    i couldn't get it sync either but that was because the treo wasn't even detected. Fixed it by removing advance networking in usb connection in the treo. Then everything synced.
  10.    #10  
    In my first install I had Office Teacher/Student version 2007.
    franklane, are you running a clean install of vista right now or is it mangled from multiple office installs?
  12.    #12  
    I am working on clean a clean install now with Outlook 2002 from the palm cd and Office Teacher/Student. Clean machine.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    2007 without business contact manager here and it's working fine and syncs ok.
    call palm tech support....sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    2007 without business contact manager here and it's working fine and syncs ok.

BCM is definately NOT requried to get your Treo to sync with Office 2007. I am using it now with no BCM and it syncs fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue. Windows Vista Ultimate w/ Office 2007 Professional. Treo 700w won't sync.

If I uninstall it and install Office 2003 Professional, it syncs fine. Very frustrating.