Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surfasb View Post
    My honest opinions is to quit whining and get something you like. If it's not a Treo, let it be. Treos were never meant to satisfy EVERYONE. I know for sure my girlfriend would hate it. Anything with more than 11 buttons confuses her.

Haha, so true. I told my girlfriend that I would buy her any phone she wanted when she lost her pink RAZR and she told me that she wanted another pink RAZR. Man, I thought to myself, if someone offered to buy me any phone that I wanted, I would be in heaven.

The Treo isn't perfect but no phone is. Thats the beauty of competition, you have choices.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    I guess the obvious response to the Original Poster is, if you don't like it move on. And I don't mean to sound brash about it but if you don't like the 750 and prefer the Palm Treo's, switch back and be happy.

Many have already mentioned that WM is a different type animal than Palm OS and takes some time to get used to. I had been using a 650 and 680 for sometime but got really tired of the instability of these devices. I tried the 750 for a day and wasn't impressed either.

Then someone on the forums suggested trying the 750 for more than just a day. Give myself a chance to get use to WM. I took the advise and gave it a few weeks. Once I got used to WM, I actually prefer it over the 680.

Yep. Battery life has a lot to be desired. And at times I forget to stop a program from running in the background but I have found that from call quality to stability the 750 is a better device.
    650 Unstable? News to me. 2 1/2 years first stable phone I have had.

My friend got a Dash. Cool size. Hate the OS. I have been waiting for a Palm device (with descent screen resolution) and WM6. But after playing with the Dash, I may not want WM OS.

I keep seeing in this thread, "The reason you don't like WM is because your are used to Palm OS"

Why do people like WM5 better, what is this functioinality people are talking about? I hope it's not just referring to docs and powerpoints... I am not being critical I thought I really wanted to go WM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Why do people like WM5 better, what is this functioinality people are talking about? I hope it's not just referring to docs and powerpoints... I am not being critical I thought I really wanted to go WM.
    If you really don't know, you haven't done your homework. Let me ask you a question that might answer your question. If Palm OS is so great, why is Palm trying in earnest to replace it with a Linux-based OS? The fact of the matter, Palm is the Windows 3.1 of the mobile OS world. It's old and showing it's age.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    If you really don't know, you haven't done your homework. Let me ask you a question that might answer your question. If Palm OS is so great, why is Palm trying in earnest to replace it with a Linux-based OS? The fact of the matter, Palm is the Windows 3.1 of the mobile OS world. It's old and showing it's age.
    Talk about a loaded question. Yeah, the Palm OS is old as hell, but it's still really functional. WM has it's problems and so does Palm. Palm is trying to replace with a new OS because it doesn't seem like ACCESS is doing much. At least that's my opinion.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97 View Post
    Talk about a loaded question. Yeah, the Palm OS is old as hell, but it's still really functional. WM has it's problems and so does Palm. Palm is trying to replace with a new OS because it doesn't seem like ACCESS is doing much. At least that's my opinion.

Joe
    Fact of the matter is that from the very beginning, POS wasn't built with the long run in mind. The OS was built and has its underpinnings as a glorified personal organizer. Over the years, the OS has become increasingly unstable due to the various band-aid patches to bring the OS to the point of usability on today's hardware capabilities. If the OS was built from the beginning with multitasking and multimedia in mind (ie. like WM) Palm wouldn't be scrambling to re-invent the OS with Linux.

I remember way back when the Palm faithful bashed Pocket PC's saying "who needs a color screen", which then moved on to, " who needs multimedia", and on to "who needs to multitask", etc, etc.

While WM is by no means perfect and frustrating at times, it does have the advantage of being designed with all of the above concepts in mind and is more open to customization and better able to grow with the ever growing sophistication of hardware. Don't believe me? I just have to say one thing....WiFi.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234