Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    He has a 680 and has problems with that. Maybe he's skittish about buying Palm again.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sal,

I and a few others here have had the 750v since it came out a few months ago. I was a Palm OS user since 1999. Sure, in the first day, I had the same view as you did. Now, I would not go back to the current versions of Palm OS, no matter what device it was on.

Notice, that despite a few glitches here and there, there are nowhere near the problems that people had with the 600 or 650, or 700P for that matter.

One thing that is currently true is that 3rd party apps for WM are not very good, but I suspect that as WM gets more penetration, there will be more and better apps available.

So, give it some time. Most important, resist the temptation to add a whole bunch of apps. Work with whats on the system now, get to know it, see what people are saying on the Forums regarding software and you will find the experience way better.

[QUOTE=Sal Collaziano;1190832]This thing is a P.O.S. I've had a Treo 600, a 650 and now a 750. I don't believe the phone itself is at fault, but the operating system is terrible.. I've installed a few applications.. Google maps, IM+ and Avanto.. I have a 2gb mini SD card installed as well..

I'm not crazy about the fact that applications don't shut down when you close them - they run in the background making operations very slow. I have to close down apps in order to navigate nicely.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    One thing that is currently true is that 3rd party apps for WM are not very good, but I suspect that as WM gets more penetration, there will be more and better apps available.
    Huh? There are literally thousands of WM applications in the marketplace (somewhere in the vicinity fo 25-30K). I don't know what you consider "good" but if you are referring to PIM apps, there are some very good applications, just different from the stuff on Palm OS devices. Plus, apps like Windows Live Search (and now google maps), the multitude of good media players, multiple browsers and browser add ons, dozens of excellent today screen plug-ins, etc make the WM5 software platform as robust as any platform out there.

Remember, it now Palm devices that are struggling to keep up with WM devices. Look how long Sling player was out for WM both PPC and Smartphone devices before a beta was even available for the Palm OS.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Well, I and a few others here have tried the main ones, such as Pocket Informant, FlexMail, SPB products, and have found them lacking to the point where we have removed them.

[QUOTE=JGold;1191626]Huh? There are literally thousands of WM applications in the marketplace (somewhere in the vicinity fo 25-30K). I don't know what you consider "good" but if you are referring to PIM apps, there are some very good applications, just different from the stuff on Palm OS devices.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    There are literally thousands of WM applications in the marketplace (somewhere in the vicinity fo 25-30K).
    I think it depends on the field in which you use your device. The business world still has plenty of Palm OS apps out there. But the writing is on the wall for the medical and aviation communities (me). That's why I switched to the 750-- the available applications that I need to use.

Every day, however, I find new reasons to hate Windows Mobile.
    [QUOTE=naftalim;1191662]Well, I and a few others here have tried the main ones, such as Pocket Informant, FlexMail, SPB products, and have found them lacking to the point where we have removed them.

Huh? There are literally thousands of WM applications in the marketplace (somewhere in the vicinity fo 25-30K). I don't know what you consider "good" but if you are referring to PIM apps, there are some very good applications, just different from the stuff on Palm OS devices.
    Funny that you should mention those particular apps. I was a PI user for years, going back to when I got my first PPC in 2000 and just dropped it in favor of Agenda One, a much better (and more convenient solution than PI). PI was kinda overkill for me and my needs although I do need more than just the standard PIM. I find that a decent PIM app combined with SBSH's PocketBreeze is a great solution.

As far as Pocket Plus, same as above. For the past 4 months I have been using SBSH's iLauncher which even Menneisyys has compared it with PP and deemed it less memory intensive.

As far as Flexmail, ugh. I just hard reset my 750 last week. That app was purposely left off. What a shame because when I did work, it was a great app.

I think when you use the word "lacking" you are comparing directly to whatever Palm apps you were used to using. As with everything, there are pros and cons to each and what one app may do, the other may not and vice-versa. As others mentioned here more than once to the multitudes of Palm convertees, WM requires a shift of thought to how to get things done and get them done efficiently. Of course, some apps are coded and designed better than others, but the same can be said for all platorms.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Battery life is one thing that is not a problem for me. Seems quite reasonable coming from a 650 with an extended-capacity battery. I am in a GPRS-only area so that may help. I just looked at the battery meter, the phone having been off the charger for about 6 hours, and it reads 97%. It does draw down faster when it's connected to the PC for syncing.
  8.    #28  
    I didn't realize that everybody had the "delayed ring" problem until I read a post about it today. This is just another thing that makes this phone a P.O.S. I really hope the Windows Mobile 6 update cures these problems.

The worst problem, to me, is the fact that the phone stops ringing without warning. I have a $700.00 phone that doesn't ring. No need to explain that issue here...

Next up is how typing is horrible compared to my 600 and 650. It's not so much that the keys are bad - it's that the operating system doesn't keep up with my typing. If I type "encyclopedia", it comes out like this "enclpda". I can see the delay as I'm typing. How stupid. This device should still be in Alpha.
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    I have had the issue with the volume disappearing also. I have tried to pay attention to when it happens to see if I can find a reason for it.

I am not sure if it has anything to do with it or not but at night, I will flip the sound button at the top to vibrate mode. I did this after my wife threatened to throw my phone in the toilet if it woke her up one more time to tell me I have an email at 3 in the morning. It seems that when I turn the sound back on, sometimes it comes on and others it does not.

Thanks to "Phone Diva" for the tip of holding down the ok button to see what is running and what is not.

FOR SURE - YOUR LOSS!

I've owned a few WM phones (2003 - WM5) and the Treo 750 has been the best yet! Ive also owned a Palm Treo 650, and its just a toy. I am partial to Windows Mobile over Palm OS, but agree all Windows software is a bit crappy.

It take a bit of time to get used to the quirks of Windows Mobile, but whats your alternative, PALM OS? I wish there was better competition out there, but for now, this works.
    My main problems have been on the computer side. If avantgo is installed on the desktop, I get application errors. I have to do a manual sync from the phone (though at least if connected to the computer, it goes through my faster DSL connection instead of my Edge connection).

Also, I occasionally get errors syncing some data, like Notes, requiring a reboot.

Opera Mobile handles a few web sites that PIE doesn't.
    Phone not ringing is due to voice command, I've never liked that program anyways.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    The battery is not the greatest but then again, I had the Blackjack, the (HTC)8525 and the (HTC)8125 and none of them were great either.

I personally hated the 650 and Palm OS and think WM5 is good for me. I had a Nokia E61/E62 with Symbian and like the Palm, has only a fraction of 3rd party apps thats WM5 phones have.

I love the keypad personally and after having the 8525, this phone is about an ounce lighter. I cut an MP3 into a 25 second file and now my ring is fine. Also, my dismiss works well and this phone never freezes on me. Most WM5 phones keep programs running in the background, big deal - you have to press the OK button and shut them all with one click, boo hoo. I am the type of person that gets a new phone every 6 months or so, so this is fine for me until something else comes out.

Remember, it is all opinion and some people will love it, others will hate it. There is no perfect phone because if there was...we would all have it. (And still find something wrong with it!)
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    As a newbee and someone that has never owned any other Treo I have to say that as much as I love my phone, I would not recommend it to anyone that doesn’t like( or have the time) to tinker or do research online. My volume issues were gone once I disabled that stupid voice command. I was amazed when after two weeks the battery life doubled. I now get almost three full days as long as I don’t use Bluetooth. I don’t know if it was because I’m now in the habit of closing programs,(I only use send and receive for email) or the battery just needed time to calibrate itself. My voice calls are also super clear. This is by far the best phone I’ve ever owned. But to give the original poster the benefit of the doubt, it took diligence on my part.
    I have seen a few mention the voice command causing the loss of volume with the ringer but I don't use the voice command, that I know of.
    If this is the issue, can someone, anyone post directions on what I need to do to disable this program that I did not even know was running? What do I need to do besides make sure the voice command is not enabled? I have unchecked every box on the screen and still have the issues.

Thanks.

..... I map the iLauncher close to a ok press an the iLauncher task manager to a ok-hold-press.
    Hi Gold, I use AEBPlus for the second and it works fine, but the the first i can't find. The only I've found is the normal iLauncher okButton, but that shuts not totally. Please give me a hint, where I can find it.
    Thx in advance.
    Walter from Germany
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    i would love to know how to uninstall voice command as well. this would have been "cool" in 1997, but in this day and age a voice activation system that can only be used in in a quiet closet is pretty much useless in the business world.

in my car i can use the car's voice activation system to change the radio, use the gps and more, on the highway with the windows down.

the 750 voice command wont even work if the engine is on, let alone any movement or airflow
    Quote Originally Posted by leaseorloan.com View Post
    I have seen a few mention the voice command causing the loss of volume with the ringer but I don't use the voice command, that I know of.
    If this is the issue, can someone, anyone post directions on what I need to do to disable this program that I did not even know was running? What do I need to do besides make sure the voice command is not enabled? I have unchecked every box on the screen and still have the issues.

Thanks.

Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    the 750 has a few bugs, but honestly, it works better than my old 650 or 680. I've never been a big fan of WM, but it works alright
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    This is a very useful thread.

I use a Treo 680 on Cingular and am thinking of switching to the 750. There are a couple of reasons for this possible switch -- 1) I need Skype (need being relative), and 2) I often use my Treo as a cellular modem, and the 750, it appears, can be a lot swifter with data transfer than the 680 on Cingular.

Two 750 "issues" give me a little pause, though. The first is the square screen. Are some applications really difficult to use because of the 750's screen? The second question I have is about one-handed, no-stylus use. Is it possible to use the 750 without ever taking out the stylus? (There's a really excellent Palm OS program eZRocker, that lets you use the 5-way as a mouse, giving you the ability to do everything with one hand.)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast