1.    #1  
    I switched from Verizon to Cingular so I could have the 750, which I love. Only problem is, I drop calls every day. I also have "50/50" calls where I can hear the other party, but they can't hear me. This is highly annoying and I never had it with Verizon. The consensus down in our neck of the woods is that Verizon is better than Cingular ("despite Cingular's bogus claim of "fewest dropped calls"), and it has been that way for a long time in South Florida.

Cingular personnel have (quietly) acknowledged this problem to me when confronted about it, although of course they will not admit that Verizon is superior. Their response nowadays is that AT&T has purchased Cingular, and all AT&T cell towers will now be combined with Cingular towers, so things should get much better in the near future. They also claim that they are putting up new towers every day, but they have been saying that for a long time too and that hasnt seemed to help.... As I near the end of my 30-day evaluation period for my 750, I wonder if Cingular's promise of imminent better service will come true, or if it is just a pipe dream..... does anybody out there have any insight (or inside information) about this????? Thanks.
    Hello, live here in miami lakes and have had cingular for over 5 years now, alot people have posted ho they have dropped calls, but I have to be honest, I havent had a dropped call on my tro yet. overall with Cingular I havent had much dropped calls, and I am experiencing god service with them, Im sorry to hear that you are having issues, but its true the service will get a whole lot BETTER now with the neww att thing, I know for a fact cuz my friend is a Cingular spervisor, and he told me that everything is going to get better because att is going to do major changes, so if you want just sit tight that things will get better.
    I'm in West Palm Beach and my one day old service isn't so great either. But, I do believe that AT&T will set Cingular on the right track. They've been in business for a long time...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i've been traveling to/working in Miami that last 4 months and also experience dropped calls! it happens on a daily basis, mostly when i have the band setting to "Auto". if i set it to GSM, the problem seesm to go away. i have had 2 dropped calls in dallas over the 4 months that i've had the 750v.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    If you are using the TREO 750, it may be the 2g vs. 3g thing. I have set my phone on GSM only now I have no dropped calls. My hope is that when they release the HSDPA patch this will be fixed.

Right Softkey -> Prefences -> Phoen Settings
    Features -> Band

Change from Auto to GSM, Hit OK.

When I need high speed I change it back.

Also saves on battery.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    graylion
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reefchief View Post
    The consensus down in our neck of the woods is that Verizon is better than Cingular ("despite Cingular's bogus claim of "fewest dropped calls"), and it has been that way for a long time in South Florida.

Cingular personnel have (quietly) acknowledged this problem to me when confronted about it, although of course they will not admit that Verizon is superior. Their response nowadays is that AT&T has purchased Cingular, and all AT&T cell towers will now be combined with Cingular towers, so things should get much better in the near future. They also claim that they are putting up new towers every day, but they have been saying that for a long time too and that hasnt seemed to help.... As I near the end of my 30-day evaluation period for my 750, I wonder if Cingular's promise of imminent better service will come true, or if it is just a pipe dream..... does anybody out there have any insight (or inside information) about this????? Thanks.

I have had Cingular for the last 4 years, and moved from Dallas, to Miami Beach 7 months ago and never get dropped calls. I also have to call BS on Cingular personnel acknowledging that there is a problem. In my household we have a Treo 700p w/verizon and a Treo 750 w/Cingular and Cingular is better from what we have experienced. I also travel up and down the east cost all the way up to Boston and Cingular has been flawless. If you keep dropping calls I may suggest you have either a bad SIM or a BAD phone; even if you SIM works flawlessly on another phone it may still be bad.
    I'm in Miami myself and I can't really complain about my Cingular service. I'm a former AT&T Wireless user on the Charter plan. Not sure if I am on any specific types of towers (such as the old AT&T Wireless towers), but I rarely get a dropped call or people not being able to hear me (unless I am near the airport where I almost always get a dropped call in the same zone, but I expect that due to airport interference).

So yes, hang tight, things should get better for you. I'm having a great time with my super fast HSDPA and not having any issues (other than the phone locking up from time to time).
    Palm III -> Palm m105 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 650 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 680 -> Cingular Treo 750 (now unlocked!)
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    ....If you keep dropping calls I may suggest you have either a bad SIM or a BAD phone; even if you SIM works flawlessly on another phone it may still be bad.
    if i had dropped calls in Dallas, i would certainly get another SIM... i honestly think it has to do with the area i'm in (while in Miami) and/or the quality of 3G coverage. my solution has been to switch to GSM only while in Miami.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD