1.    #1  
    OK. All you suave, debonaire sophisticates scoff. I'm new to the 700wx coming from a 650.

But I am streaming Groovesalad from SomaFM.com while I am posting this entry to TC from my new 700wx. I'm like a country boy in Hollywood.

Wow. That's really nice. I love that EVDO and multitasking.

The only time I'm sad is when I fire up the old 650 and see the 320 x 320 screen.

But wow. Good work, Sprint, Palm, and Microsoft. And SomaFM of course.
  2.    #2  
    Did I say wow too many times?
    yup, it's one of the main reasons I made the switch immediately when the 700wx became available: I hated being stuck inside crappy Kinoma (I couldn't even turn off the screen) when streaming XM.
    if you think that's fun, wait till you are streaming a movie via orb or through slingbox, all while downloading the mail attchment of latest build, that your coworker alerted you about via I'm+. Then simultaneously pulling up an updated spec sheet from an ftp site, and while you are at it, searching for directions for the thai restaurant you already made reservations...wait she just called with the directions, and without skipping a beat - everything picks up where it ended
  5.    #5  
    I can walk and chew gum simultaneously. What you describe is inconceivable.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    if you think that's fun, wait till you are streaming a movie via orb or through slingbox, all while downloading the mail attchment of latest build, that your coworker alerted you about via I'm+. Then simultaneously pulling up an updated spec sheet from an ftp site, and while you are at it, searching for directions for the thai restaurant you already made reservations...wait she just called with the directions, and without skipping a beat - everything picks up where it ended
    Just to be clear to those who are reading this and do not know. What you are describing here is simulataneous voice and data, which is something the 700wx does NOT do.
    I think he indicated it gets interrupted, and then "everything picks up where it ended". But it should work without interruption of a Treo 750.

Surur
    Should I be able to stream Sirius through my treo? I tried to sign on and I get some crazy error message about an apache tomcat. ??????
  9.    #9  
    The 700wx plus EVDO plus the native Windows Media Player = streaming audio without having to geek out and add clunky third party stuff. That thrills me. Simultaneous voice and data will enthrall me one day, I am sure. But for now I am a happy dude.

I just can't go overseas with my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsjones View Post
    Should I be able to stream Sirius through my treo? I tried to sign on and I get some crazy error message about an apache tomcat. ??????

Search for SiriusWM5. Works great. I'm streaming Sirius right now and browsing at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Search for SiriusWM5. Works great. I'm streaming Sirius right now and browsing at the same time.
    SiriusWM5 is GREAT, although I was never sucessful with getting SiriusCE to work properly.
    SiriusCE had the problem of constently needing changes and the developer lost interest to keep it up to date.