1.    #1  
    On the Treo 650 I had it set up where I had +1 added to the start of all phone numbers..is this possible on the 750?

All my numbers in my phone currently are this format (780)555-1212 and I simply want to add a 1 to the start of all of them instead of having to manual edit them.

I've looked through the printed manual and the .pdf manual and can't seem to find how this is done, thanks for any help!
    Why do you want to do this? You don't have to dial a 1 like a standard land line.

Quote Originally Posted by timexx8 View Post
    On the Treo 650 I had it set up where I had +1 added to the start of all phone numbers..is this possible on the 750?

All my numbers in my phone currently are this format (780)555-1212 and I simply want to add a 1 to the start of all of them instead of having to manual edit them.

I've looked through the printed manual and the .pdf manual and can't seem to find how this is done, thanks for any help!
    I can see the need for this when you are roaming overseas--you can dial U.S. numbers directly. Oh wait. I don't have T-Mo anymore. I'm on CDMA so I can only roam in Bakersfield.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjayd View Post
    Why do you want to do this? You don't have to dial a 1 like a standard land line.
    I need to have a 1 in front of numbers to dial long distance?..if I attempt to dial them the way they are I get a message letting me know its long distance and I need to add a 1 to make a long distance call.

With the 650 there was a menu so that you could add "1" or "001" or whatever you needed to all your numbers easily and you could also disable it and change it easily..even if you have +1 enabled for all numbers your local calls would go through no problem but also the long distance ones would work.

I guess I'm just trying to avoid having to add a "1" to all my long distance numbers if I don't need to and thought it would be easy like it was with the 650.

**And yes having the option while overseas is nice also and makes calling home simple.

If anybody understands what I am talking about and knows how to enable this like you could with the 650 let me know..thanks!
    In the phone app, presss the menu key, select dialing options.

Out of curiousity, what carrier are you on? I don't think I've ever had to dial a 1 for LD calls.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    In the phone app, presss the menu key, select dialing options.

Out of curiousity, what carrier are you on? I don't think I've ever had to dial a 1 for LD calls.
    meyerweb..do you mean the phone app under settings? I check in there and don't see dialing preferences..there is 4 tabs for phone, serices, network, secruity but under the pone tab pressing the menu button does nothing.

My carrier is Rogers wireless in Canada, if you attempt to make a call and my contact number is(306)555-1212 that I'm dialing we get a recording saying something like

"You are attempting to make a long distance call..we will now complete this call for you" and then it dials but it take an extra 5-7 seconds.

With the Treo 650 I could specify I wanted a 1 or +1 in front of the number and this would dial them immediately avoiding the recording, also when overseas for a week or so routinely you might need to dial I think 01 or 011 before all long distance calls so this was handy instead of having to lookup the number and dial it manually with the extra digits added at the start.

I'm using the 750v so I'm not sure if the "phone" app is different on your phone but I can't find it at all in mine where I have "dialign preferences"

Thanks again for the help
    yup im with timexx8

im on rogers wireless, and well all the cities are now going (1) 10 digit dialing...and well (2) if you are like me you travel a lot...and well if you live in toronto...heh its kind of necessary in some ways lol.

My local calls dial +1-613 or +1-514 depending on where i am, and I dont get charged LD. I just do it so i dont have to hear that stupid message "this is a long distance call, please hang up and dial 1 and the number again." Although rogers i think still has that option "please stay on the line and your call will be completed"

BTW, i miss that feature too on my Qtek S200