1.    #1  
    Been reading and reading the last two days and I can't get Java installed on my treo 750, d/l operamini and it doesn't have a file association with it on the treo to install it, what the heck do I open it with. Also tried to load Risidoro_Intent_MIDlet_Manager_v11.zip and I can't seem to make it work either I don't see the cab file it tells me to look for. The only thing I have successfully d/l was resco file manager and it is a trial version but looks as if I need to purchase it.

Can anyone give me a little help.
  2.    #2  
    I need java in the worst way. Can't open squat on the internet without it.
    Last edited by gobblerhuntr; 02/03/2007 at 10:19 PM.
    XDA Developers has the file you need. They say this works. You have to install a midlet(I think that's what it's called) first. Read carefully though, so you don't install the wrong thing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=intent
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey gobb i was in the same boat as you...i needed operamini and this 750 doesnt have MIDlet...until i followed the link that diva provided...works like a charm...
  5.    #5  
    seems as if I got it working but got to go into explorer and initiate emulator every time i do it, but the omni does not work the website that I want it to, I will have to check with the software guy at the site I'm trying to get to and see ask what type of java platform it takes to run it. That is all I know to do.

Is there a filemanager out there that is freeware?
    I've been using the IBM J9 java midlet for the last couple of weeks after getting frustrated with some bugs on the Residoro's version.
    The annoying things about IBM:
    1) doesn't support soft keys. But that's something I can deal with.
    2) I can't get .jad and .jar files to associate with IBM Java. So when I download something like Opera mini (mini.jad) I have to then open IBM Java and tell it to install from "file:///my documents/mini.jad" which works.
    3) Installation was a pain in the A(nkle)

So I put the IBM Java install in to a .CAB file and included a program icon shortcut (as one doesn't come with it.)
    It works great (the .CAB install) but I still haven't had the time to get the file association included in to the installer (a registry setting, should be simple.)

I can post the .CAB file to install IMB Java for you to try.

The good thing about it is that I have had no problems with IBM Java as far as crashing, errors, etc. It's just annoying how manual the install process is and therefore doesn't integrate so well in to the OS.
    But once you launch it it works pretty good. Opera Mini works great, much better than Residoro's inent. But I did encounter 1 bug where it won't make an internet connection when I type in a URL until AFTER I've already browsed by selecting a favorite. Wierd.

I can't post the .CAB now since I don't have means to do so. I'll try to get this Monday evening when I get back home.

If you're insterested in doing the download and manual install yourself start here:
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
    Read this article and make sure you download and read the .PDF from IMB which are instrucations on how to install it.
    Otherwise wait for my .CAB soon.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Residoro works fine in my 750 without bugs (but I only run Opera mini and Uguide). What bugs have you seen?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  8.    #8  
    I have a website (work related) that I need to be able to click a link and open another window inside this site and for the life of me I can't seem to get it. Probably a lot of the problem is me, this is my first smart phone but I am not a total dummy either. Just thought it was not going to be this hard to set up, my next phone I prolly won't have as much trouble due to the learning curve I'm in right now.

I just can't seem to open multiple windows on anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    Residoro works fine in my 750 without bugs (but I only run Opera mini and Uguide). What bugs have you seen?
    Opera mini is the only java app I run.
    My problems are all related to input on Opera Mini 3.
    1) Selecting check boxes or radio buttons on many web pages results in an error message being thrown up.
    2) On Howard forums, I can't enter text to reply to posts. I select "reply with quote" and get the post authoring page. But when I click on the text box to edit the text, I can not.
    I also can't just post a reply to any threads.
    Since I use Opera Mini primarily when reading/posting to forums, this clearly isn't working for me.

I don't have these problems using the Intent Java midelet manager on the 8525 with Opera Mini. But I do have these problems with the Resdioro's Intent Java Midlet manager on the Treo 750.

I don't have these issues when running IBM Java. at all.
    The things I don't like about opera mini with IBM Java are.
    1) I can't use "Small fonts" (like you can with Intent.) Medium font is the smallest I can select.
    2) Soft keys don't work with Opera mini.
    3) A wierd bug where it won't open a network connection after entering a URL until after I've already browsed a URL from a bookmar first. (odd.)

I like the Intent Java more. But I just can't seem to get around these input problems with opera Mini.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/05/2007 at 08:04 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by gobblerhuntr View Post
    I have a website (work related) that I need to be able to click a link and open another window inside this site and for the life of me I can't seem to get it. Probably a lot of the problem is me, this is my first smart phone but I am not a total dummy either. Just thought it was not going to be this hard to set up, my next phone I prolly won't have as much trouble due to the learning curve I'm in right now.

I just can't seem to open multiple windows on anything.
    There are a few things you can do to get multiple windows open on one site.:
    Use one of these browsers that support multiple windows:
    Opera Mobile (Different than Opera mini that's a Java program)
    http://www.opera.com/download/mobile...20Mobile%205.0.
    Try Netfront web browser:
    http://www.access-company.com/produc...ser/33_wm.html

And last but not least. Try one of these two programs that will ADD multi window support to the built in Internet explorer:
    SPB Pocket Plus (adds multi window support to IE)
    But use 3.2 release candidate or later as the earlier version have a bug on Treo 750:
    http://spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3947

PIEPlus by Reensoft:
    http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/

Either of these MIGHT help in your situation.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
  11.    #11  
    Yes clicking on a check box takes my right back to the screen where I started, I was told I needed java to make this work but I haven't gotten in touch with the developer at the company I am trying to access to ask what java I need. I don't fully understand midlets and java yet either, but I am still reading every chance I get.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Opera mini is the only java app I run.
    My problems are all related to input on Opera Mini 3.
    1) Selecting check boxes or radio buttons on many web pages results in an error message being thrown up.
    2) On Howard forums, I can't enter text to reply to posts. I select "reply with quote" and get the post authoring page. But when I click on the text box to edit the text, I can not.I also can't just post a reply to any threads.
    Since I use Opera Mini primarily when reading/posting to forums, this clearly isn't working for me.
    I don't have these issues. I can check boxes and I can reply to posts. The one thing I can't is "reply with quote".
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I've been using IBM Java with Opera Mini for about a month now with virtually no issues. I might have hit a error or two on pages but nothing memorable.

I have a .cab that installs IBM Java and associates .jad with IBM Java. So when you download .jad in IE, it automatically launches in in IBM Java.

But I've done one better. I've figured out how to create a shortcut (launch icon) that you can launch Opera Mini 3.1 directly from the start or programs menu without first launching the IBM Java "Emulator" program.
    If you do it through emulator, you have to open emulator (the launcher) and then launch it from there.
    But now the shortcut launches it directly. It took a while to figure out the right command line arguments to put on the j9q.exe shortcut.

I'll post links to it (the .CAB) and how to create (or download) the shortcut so you can also use it.

Besides the lack of being able to use the soft menu buttons, it works perfectly. I just wish the soft menu buttons worked. They work in other java apps, just not Opera Mini... ???
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    why dont you guys just run opera MOBILE and be done with it?
    They two are TOTALLY different. I do use Opera Mobile as well for some sites. So I use both, as well as IE.
    Opera Mini uses an accelerator where web sites are first rendered and reduced on a server before you download them. The result a very good and efficient rendering for a small screen and much smaller download size. Large web pages load in only a few seconds instead of 20 to 40 in some cases.
    For this reason I use mini for almost all of my casual browsing because of the speed.

They have an emulator on their web site where you can test drive mini and check it out.