1.    #1  
    And how will I be able to get the update?

The only problem I'm having is the phone locking up sometimes while trying to make calls.
    Never wait for a manufacturer to issue an update to make a phone useful to you. Palm will have to do an update some day but who knows where and whether it will fix your problems. Their record in the past year has been very bad.

If you are getting lockups without third party software you likely have a hardware problem. Send it back, or if you can't call Palm and get them to replace it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    you should see the....

1. 700p (verizon and sprint)
    2. 700wx
    3. 680
    4. 750v

all before the cingular 750 rom update. that doesn't mean that order, but just lets you know of the ones released before you that haven't seen an update.

the 700p has been over 8 months.
    Well the one thing the 750's have in their corner is the promise to release the HSDPA support in the first half of this year. I would as-su-me that means there will be other fixes that come with it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Well the one thing the 750's have in their corner is the promise to release the HSDPA support in the first half of this year. I would as-su-me that means there will be other fixes that come with it.
    And how will you get this update?
    On the Palm website?
    Yes, that's how it was done for the 700w update.
    I'm hoping that Cingular/Palm release the update and it goes to WM6 Crossbow, but that probably is just wishful thinking.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I had a thread going on HoFo (see here) for everyone to suggest New Palm Tweaks and bug fixes that they wanted for the next Treo 750 ROM.

Here is that list so far.......

Requested New Palm Tweaks
    1. Phone Profiles
    2. User customizable Carrier line
    3. Percentage remaining figure in taskbar batter meter
    4. Different Brightness settings for External and Battery Power
    5. Enable HSDPA (not a "Palm Tweak" per se)
    6. LED blinking to be User Customizable
    7. Option for Extra Loud volumes
    8. User Customizable LEFT SOFT KEY on Today Screen
    9. Side button to start a Voice Memo

Requested Bug Fixes
    1. Bluetooth connectivity/dropping issues
    2. Loss of sound issue (where only soft reset will bring back sound to speaker)
    3. Storage Card issues (card not recognised after some time)
    4. IMAP sent items saving issue
    5. Email delivery options problem with polling

Requested OS Updates
    1. AKU 3.x
    2. Crossbow (unlikely)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Do we know if any official reps from PALM read Treo Central ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    And how will I be able to get the update?

The only problem I'm having is the phone locking up sometimes while trying to make calls.
    You only had this phone for about 2 weeks, right? Return it for another. Unless you got it from a private owner, then you're probably out of luck. But if you bought it from Cingular, get an exchange.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!