1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if my 700WX ever did this either, but with my new 750, when I press any of the 5-way (left, right, up, down, center), the 750's keyboard doesn't light up.

Also, the keyboard lights seem kind of dim compared to my 700WX's keyboard. Is it really like the since the battery is smaller and it has to conserve power?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I'm not sure if my 700WX ever did this either, but with my new 750, when I press any of the 5-way (left, right, up, down, center), the 750's keyboard doesn't light up.

Also, the keyboard lights seem kind of dim compared to my 700WX's keyboard. Is it really like the since the battery is smaller and it has to conserve power?

I've noticed this also... you have to hit the power key to get it to light up.... kind of wierd and difficult to adjust to... I'm so used to just hitting the 5 way and then the center key to unlock...
    -jscott
    You can hit a softkey or any keyboard key such as the shift key to turn on the keylights. But you are right, the 700wx did turn on the keylights from the 5 way or the side button.
    After a few weeks of uisng the 750 and realizing the same thing that the 5-way button does not light the keyboard I have been using the space bar. It is easy to feel for in the dark and works like a charm. I am hoping someone comes up with a way to make the 5-way work but space bar is a good 2nd choice as it is wider and at the bottom.
    Last edited by Dsol; 02/03/2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typo
  5.    #5  
    What about the brightness of the keyboard lights? Anyone else notice they're much dimmer? Or is that because of the darker paint on the keyboard keys?

I have brightness at 50% just like I did on my 700WX.
    Don't really notice a big difference in the brightness... I'll tell you what is frustrating is that my screen brightness doesn't stay set at about 75% where I like it...

Seems to continually readjust itself back to about 50% and I have to move the slider...
    -jscott
    Yes, the keyboard is less bright, but I think that's because they reversed the colors on the keys. On the wx most of the keys are white except for the numbers. On the 750 most of the keys are black exept for the numbers. But given that the 750's white keys aren't quite as bright. I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I hated how bright the keys were on the wx. They were blinding.