1.    #1  
    for some strange reason my volume buttons activate the battery icon. currently i can't seem to change phone volume at all. tried looking at all the config options and the registry but nothing turned up

does anyone know of this problem or a fix for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by picturehause View Post
    for some strange reason my volume buttons activate the battery icon. currently i can't seem to change phone volume at all. tried looking at all the config options and the registry but nothing turned up

does anyone know of this problem or a fix for it?
    I take it you've already tried soft-reset. If that didn't work and all other options tried, I go for hard-reset and reload programs carefully until I find the offending culprit.
    Jer 23:29
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    spbPocket Plus is a known culprit.

Check their website as I think they have a fix.
    Many have experienced this same issue that you are now... I still get it from time to time even after having removed Pocket + from my device...

I saw the fix over in the SPB Forums... so, it is still out there if you want to give it a try... not sure it will be helpful if you don't have any SPB apps installed though...

good luck
    -jscott
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yes it is Spb pocket plus. Download the following zip file, then place fixvolume.exe into your Windows>Startup folder on your Treo. Soft reset and things will be restored. Though I got other weird problems with pocket plus and gave up on it.

Also, please search previous threads before posting.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mbamenra; 02/21/2007 at 11:20 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbamenra View Post
    Yes it is Spb pocket plus. Download the following zip file, then place fixvolume.exe into your Windows>Startup folder on your Treo. Soft reset and things will be restored. Though I would get other weird problems with pocket plus and gave up on it.

Also, please search previous threads before posting.
    thanks! actually i didn't install pocket plus. my treo is pretty bare with only spb finance and pocket esword.

it worked though!
    Last edited by picturehause; 02/04/2007 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by picturehause View Post
    thanks! actually i didn't install pocket plus. my treo is pretty bare with only spb finance and pocket esword.

it worked though!
    I have SPB Finance and also have the same volume button problem. FixVolume got the side volume buttons working again with no problem. I put the app in the startup folder and it works great. Maybe they will tweak their apps so we can forgo the fix.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02/24/2007 at 05:16 AM.
    I too had the problem and this fixed it!!

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou