1.    #1  
    Hey Yall I was working on my treo tonight and I figured something out and what I figured out was over writting the rom on the treo 700w. The rom files that I replaced where mainly sound files here is what I did in the windows folder there is a file called radioon.wav and radiooff.wav each file is 129kb each, I found some other wave files that were about 16 to 29 kb each and they sound better then the standard radio on/off files. So it was simple all I did was rename the two new wave files to radioon.wav and radiooff.wav and then overwritting them to the rom in the windows folder. I got back over 200k in memory. I also got another 200k in free memory by overwritting all the quick tour files with a smaller file. I never used quicktour except when I first got the treo I wnt from 329kb to 90kb changing all the quicktour files. over all i saved about 800k in space on the treo by overwritting some of the non essential rom files.
    small, but something. good job.

everything will come back, when and if you want, with a hard reset.

man i'm glad i have the wx. 800k on the wx is nothing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    small, but something. good job.

everything will come back, when and if you want, with a hard reset.
    Yeah I know but I saved all my work in a special folder so when I do need a hard reset all I have to do is move everything from one folder to another and just overwrite the files. I actually got it over 1.2 megs in freed up space by changing over non-esssential sound files and pic files(.gif,.bmp.) but i'm still testing the stability of everything first.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Yeah I know but I saved all my work in a special folder so when I do need a hard reset all I have to do is move everything from one folder to another and just overwrite the files. I actually got it over 1.2 megs in freed up space by changing over non-esssential sound files and pic files(.gif,.bmp.) but i'm still testing the stability of everything first.
    very good. back up your good work.

maybe when your all done, other w users, who are in need of this memory tweek, may want a copy for themselves.
  5.    #5  
    you read my mind. thats what i was thinking but first i want to make sure everything works properly still.
    this thread is sounding a lot like another. i though i would share it with you sschlesinger.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=upx+memory

you will see in that thread a program called upx. it will take some of your dll files and cut the size of them in half. this has saved some 5-10 mb. search for it if you haven't used it yet. this will be your best memory saver.

another is this " fix low memory limit" thread. this maybe someting of intrest. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124995

hope this helps, cody
  7.    #7  
    this thread is sounding a lot like another. i though i would share it with you sschlesinger.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=upx+memory

you will see in that thread a program called upx. it will take some of your dll files and cut the size of them in half. this has saved some 5-10 mb. search for it if you haven't used it yet. this will be your best memory saver.

another is this " fix low memory limit" thread. this maybe someting of intrest. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124995

hope this helps, cody
    I have use upx but you cannot upx a file on the rom atleast I don't think you can I tried it and it doest work on rom files. So instead i found smaller files to replace the larger files on the rom (a tedious process). If you can upx rom files can you tell me how to.
    Last edited by sschlesinger; 02/03/2007 at 07:37 PM.
    I would say copy all you dlls from the windows folder into a folder say called "test". now take the "test foldet to you pc and upx. then put the test folder back on treo and copy folders back to the windows folder. I don't know for sure, but I would think it's possible.
  9.    #9  
    I would say copy all you dlls from the windows folder into a folder say called "test". now take the "test foldet to you pc and upx. then put the test folder back on treo and copy folders back to the windows folder. I don't know for sure, but I would think it's possible.

How do I extract dll that are on the rom I can mess with dll's of programs that I installed in the main memory, but will not let me mess with the dll's that are on the rom that were already there.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.