1. SHV
    Hi,

I need to be able to transfer files between my 700w and Vista, via Bluetooth. I can create a partnership between the phone and the OS (using the OS Bluetooth 'add') so I know it communicates. However, it won't show up in Synch Center, nor in the windows explorer.

I know that the mobile device center was released, but isn't that for contacts, maik, etc.? I do that wirelessly with exchange, so no need for that.

I also do want a way to install or update WM5 programs, so do I need device center for that?

Thanks- BTW, I have not yet USB cable synched the 700w to Vista, so perhaps it needs that first?
    thats what you get for vista.

no no im not bashimg MS, i personally LOVED the RC1 that i've put on one of our computers and im very excited to get my own copy of vista. i say that that's what you get for vista though because vista is new and doesn't have complete support from drivers and devices, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHV View Post
    Hi,

I need to be able to transfer files between my 700w and Vista, via Bluetooth. I can create a partnership between the phone and the OS (using the OS Bluetooth 'add') so I know it communicates. However, it won't show up in Synch Center, nor in the windows explorer.

I know that the mobile device center was released, but isn't that for contacts, maik, etc.? I do that wirelessly with exchange, so no need for that.

I also do want a way to install or update WM5 programs, so do I need device center for that?

Thanks- BTW, I have not yet USB cable synched the 700w to Vista, so perhaps it needs that first?

Windows Moble Device Center will allow updates and sync via Bluetooth. When you set up connections settings bluetooth is one of the options. WMDC is also the way you install and update programs on the 700W.