Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a soft key somewhere on the touchscreen to disconnect a phone call. I tried the icon, number, name, etc., in the call screen that has the Hold and Speakerphone softkeys in it. Nothing there. Any other relatively easy method to hang up the phone without using the hard button?

See attached screenshot to (hopefully) clarify what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by labboypro; 02/02/2007 at 03:05 PM.
    curious why you want this.....what's not to like about the red phone button...just wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    I'm looking for a soft key somewhere on the touchscreen to disconnect a phone call. I tried the icon, number, name, etc., in the call screen that has the Hold and Speakerphone softkeys in it. Nothing there. Any other relatively easy method to hang up the phone without using the hard button?

See attached screenshot to (hopefully) clarify what I'm talking about.

I'm curious about this option too. It was so nice and easy on my Treo 650 to be able to hang up by pushing the big Hang Up button in the middle of the screen. Now with the 700wx, my thumb's gotta find that ever so small red button.
    No offense, but how hard is it to take the phone away from your ear, and hit the red button with your thumb?

I just wait for the other person to hang up, that keeps it real simple
    Dr. Dennis
    Need your teeth pulled, PM me discounts for treo users
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by xDennis
    No offense, but how hard is it to take the phone away from your ear, and hit the red button with your thumb?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac
    curious why you want this.....what's not to like about the red phone button...just wondering...
    My original explanantion wasn't the best... the phone is not on my ear and I'm not touching the phone. I'm using the phone exclusively from my keyboard, mouse, and computer monitor-- which is just a representation of the 700wx screen, and there's no red button on the screen.

See...

Umm dude... that's cool. How did u do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    my thumb's gotta find that ever so small red button.
    Are u kidding me guys.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    If you do that registry edit which gets you the standard windows mobile dialer, it has an on screen hangup button.

Surur
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Are u kidding me guys.
    Please, don't threadcrap. I'm asking for a solution to something that I deem is an issue. I've explained my need. Captain Chunk didn't... but he wants the same functionality. Maybe he's got a club hand or he's got a phobia about red phone icons.
    Where to find the edit details??

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    If you do that registry edit which gets you the standard windows mobile dialer, it has an on screen hangup button.

Surur
    I'm not sure what you're using to connect and control your phone, but I use Pocket Controller, which gives me skins of about every phone you can think of. With those skins, you can click the buttons as if they were your actual phone buttons. Here's my 700wx.

In registry HKLM > Security > Phone > Skin
    Change Enabled from 1 to 0

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=dialer

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

In registry HKLM > Security > Phone > Skin
    Change Enabled from 1 to 0

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=dialer

Surur
    I did this and there are some draw backs to this hack such as speaker phone not working.

also sorry to everyone i offended with my last post.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Thanks Surur. while inconvenient you gotta be in another app to get the dial pad, it is a start.
    I don't suppose you know of a way to call up this screen via hard key or onscreen short cut do you?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    I'm not sure what you're using to connect and control your phone, but I use Pocket Controller...
    This may be the solution. I'll look into it.

BTW, I'm using the free MSFT powertoy Remote Display Control for CE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'd like the on-screen buttons (hangup, speakerphone toggle, mute toggle) on the 750 as well...coming from the 650 the center button was focused on Hang Up and it certainly was much easier to hit it then the red phone button
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Thanks Surur. while inconvenient you gotta be in another app to get the dial pad, it is a start.
    I don't suppose you know of a way to call up this screen via hard key or onscreen short cut do you?
    I dont know if this will work, but how about a shortcut to cprog.exe in the \windows directory.

Surur
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I'd like the on-screen buttons (hangup, speakerphone toggle, mute toggle) on the 750 as well...coming from the 650 the center button was focused on Hang Up and it certainly was much easier to hit it then the red phone button
    I've "fixed" the problem... now all I need is someone to program the functionality of this pshopped red button so my fix actually does something

I just saw this and thought it might help you guys.

http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJKeyPress
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I just saw this and thought it might help you guys.

http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJKeyPress
    Great lead. Thanks!

I'm going to piddle with this app and see what kind of key action I can get for the red button. I've also shot a note to the developer to see if he has a complete key map. I wear my "bad hack" badge with pride. This kind of solution looks right up my alley (I'm the guy who uses sendkey to "click" through screens on automation stuff I've set up at work ).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast