1.    #1  
    Greetings,

We acquired two Cingular Treo 750 devices for evaluation. I had one that the CEO eventually repurposed to himself and we have another user testing the other one.

User two noted that he would turn the phone off at night. When he turned it back on in the morning, he would get the Cingular logo "Hello" screen, and hear the tones. When he would look at the device later, it would say "phone off" and he could not cycle it using the "hangup" button. The device would require a reset to get it functioning again. This does not happen every time but enough that it is troublesome. Neither unit has been modified of soft-hacked since, for the moment, we only have them for evaluation. As far as I know, he hasn't even loaded any applications on the device.

I tried various methods of turning the phone off and on and pressing other buttons on the unit I had and could not reproduce the problem.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
    Joe Fusco
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I would recommend to anyone who has not hard reset since the unit was purchased, then hard reset. Ask again if there are any problems again. That's just always the best thing to do in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbamenra View Post
    I would recommend to anyone who has not hard reset since the unit was purchased, then hard reset. Ask again if there are any problems again. That's just always the best thing to do in my opinion.
    How do you do a "Hard Reset" and why does that sound like a scary procedure to me?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    It just wipes the phone's data back to original, just in case there has been any sort of corruption to the OS (perhaps during flashing of the latest ROM by the mfr, or for some other reason, there can be OS problems that can be cleared through hard reset).

You will have to reinstall any third party apps plus redo any customized settings. You will lose your call log and maybe text messages. That's why this is a pain for most people after they've already added apps and made customizations and all that. But many of the super-weird bugs often go away after that. Not all the time, but it's worth the effort first.

Just press in the reset button in the card slot, then press the power button while holding the reset button. It will ask you if you want to do the hard reset.