1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm trying to get Reverse DUN working on my 750V and haven't been successful yet though I was able to get normal DUN working.

I have read I can use Bluetooth Active Sync and then use the Internet connection through activesync but cannot seem to get things to work properly..I was trying to connect to my bluetooth hub which is used for my Logitech keyboard/mouse combo.

I can get the items to pair without problems and have a Bluetooth serial port on COM3 however when I try to set the 750 to the same COM it doesn't show up and has every COM but COM3...so I added extra ports until I got COM7 which I could enter in the Treo and then the Treo gave me a message it couldn't connect with the port.

One time I deleted the pairing on my PC and the Treo and seen a popup on the treo for services and it had activesync and then I seen a bluetooth icon appear beside the "G" icon but it disappeared minutes later..now when I try to do the same thing again deleting the pairings and starting over all it ever does is offer me the bluetooth serial port but as mentioned the COM's it offers are never the ones I need.

I've seen alot of instructions on the net for activesync bluetooth for ppc and windows mobile but none of them seem to be directed towards the Treo...has anybody done this yet and can explain how to get this working?

Thanks for any help!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    This is the only thread I found that's on reverse dialup, but it's not centered around the 750v.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...reverse+dialup
  3.    #3  
    I have read that thread and thats how I actually got it working on my 650 and it worked fine the last two years but now the 650 is dead so I switched to the 750 and things are quite different and you cannot follow the directions the same.

There is a way to access the Internet through Activesync using Bluetooth and while there is loads of information on the Internet none if it is specifically for the Treo 750...tried all last night following so many different versions of how to do it I'm dizzy :-)

In Canada we don't have unlimited data so its nice to use bluetooth to access the net as I work from home and sometimes I'll be upstairs and would like to update things or check mails without eating bandwidth on my mobile plan...when I lived at another location I could be anywhere in our penthouse or out in front of the building 19 floors down and still access the net through bluetooth so this would be even handier in our home and I'd have no problems with reception.

Thanks anyways for trying to help naivete, appreciated.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Although I can't confirm this yet, isn't ActiveSync via bluetooth or USB enables us to access the internet services as well? I've tried the IE browser and Google Map (recently) and the activesync icon stays. Didn't see the small g or u indicating GPRS or 3G access. When I pulled the plug - accessing Google Map will prompt me for the GPRS connection username and password. Since I didnt see it earlier, I assume the activesync allows me direct access to the internet service.
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by linoox View Post
    Although I can't confirm this yet, isn't ActiveSync via bluetooth or USB enables us to access the internet services as well? I've tried the IE browser and Google Map (recently) and the activesync icon stays. Didn't see the small g or u indicating GPRS or 3G access. When I pulled the plug - accessing Google Map will prompt me for the GPRS connection username and password. Since I didnt see it earlier, I assume the activesync allows me direct access to the internet service.
    Correct..so what I wanna do do is reverse DUN using bluetooth and connecting wireless to a bluetooth hub..this way I can use free Internet over bluetooth via the activesync connection, I know Its possible just not sure how to do on the 750 yet.

I had no problems doing reverse DUN on the Treo 650 following the thread mentioned above but the 750 running WM5 is differnt so I'm not sure the exact way to config it.

Most people say bluetooth is only good 10-15 feet..not true... in my other place I could be anywhere in my penthouse which was two floors and have internet access using reverse DUN through bluetooth, I could go downstairs in my building which was 19 floors so thats at least 190 feet and no problems at all..I have read before of people getting 1000 foot range with a certain linksys bluetooth dongle!
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8 View Post
    Most people say bluetooth is only good 10-15 feet..not true... in my other place I could be anywhere in my penthouse which was two floors and have internet access using reverse DUN through bluetooth, I could go downstairs in my building which was 19 floors so thats at least 190 feet and no problems at all..I have read before of people getting 1000 foot range with a certain linksys bluetooth dongle!
    1000 ft huh? 19 floors? were the walls made of tissue paper? Urban legend me thinks. did the hooters girls also serve you cocktails and paris hilton wash your car at said penthouse? Call me a doubting thomas!
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    1000 ft huh? 19 floors? were the walls made of tissue paper? Urban legend me thinks. did the hooters girls also serve you cocktails and paris hilton wash your car at said penthouse? Call me a doubting thomas!
    Instead of being a smartass, you might want to read thru this thread as it apparently did occur and I remember reading it as it was happening....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=110

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=484897
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    Using an Iomega bluetooth dongle I had no problems at all being down in front of our building and connecting to the Internet...as for the person who claims they got 1000 foot range, it wasn't me but obviously they felt a need to mention it....nobody really cares if you're a *doubting thomas* and somewhat clueless.

Perhaps next time instead of making stupid comments and hijacking my thread just sit back and shut up unless you have something useful to contribute to the topic of this thread.