Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    My worst fear .. I've always keep my PC tight with firewall and antivirus but unfortunately several trojans got through. Notebook was infected and had it cleaned up. THe thing is that I had activesync-ed my Treo with the PC prior to disinfecting the computer. I'm not sure if it had infected the treo.

Is there any scanner out there that can be used to check if the virus got through. I read somewhere down the thread that Symantec is available but not free. Moreover, I prefer not to install antivirus app on my treo. I don't waste my money on something that i would only use it once or twice. Any scanner for WM5 out there that I can use just to verify that it's alright? My last resort is to hard reset it which I don't want to do at the moment. Thanks guys!
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    I wouldn't bother with antivirus. It's just not worth it. The problem is just not prevelant enough to warrant a resource-clogging app on a mobile device like a virus scanner.

Just my .02.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I wouldn't bother with antivirus. It's just not worth it. The problem is just not prevelant enough to warrant a resource-clogging app on a mobile device like a virus scanner.

Just my .02.
    Can you mount your Treo as an external drive (like a flash drive) and point the anti-virus scanner at it?
    I use F-Secure, works great.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I found this and installed on my Treo 750v.

Spybot-S&D for Windows Mobile (Free!!)
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/wince/index.html

No virus found via Spybot. Pheww...
    No offense, but why would trust these guys? Just because someone says they prevent spyware doesn't mean:

1.) It works.
    2.) They aren't installing something nasty.

There isn't even any page on their website that I could see describing who they are.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680