Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone using Tom Tom 6 with their Treo 750? I was thinking about buying this but wanted to know if it is worth it since I was unsure about how effective it is based on the screen size. I had an HP 6925 with a larger screen and the GPS on it was very cool. Just looking for someone to give a breif review on how well it works/functions on the Treo 750.

Thanks!!
    TomTom 6 Works great on the Treo 750! Screen Size is a non issue. When using a GPS for turn-by-turn you mostly listen to instructions, but all visual cues are easy to read and very bright on the Treo. The Device pairs perfectly and the traffic data and other Plus features also work flawlessly.

I have a TomTom 910 as well, same performance, TomTom is great! I wish they had a few features I liked on older versions. (Screen rotation is missed most).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I was thinking about trying to pick up a used HP iPaq but the Tom Tom bundle is much cheaper
    I am using it too, works great.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    TomTom 6 Works great on the Treo 750! Screen Size is a non issue. When using a GPS for turn-by-turn you mostly listen to instructions, but all visual cues are easy to read and very bright on the Treo. The Device pairs perfectly and the traffic data and other Plus features also work flawlessly.

I have a TomTom 910 as well, same performance, TomTom is great! I wish they had a few features I liked on older versions. (Screen rotation is missed most).
    What are you port and or COM settings? I cannot get Tom Tom to recognize the GPS receiver. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    If it's TomTom's own GPS receiver you don't need to set them, just select it in Navigator

Oh and you need the phone on
  7.    #7  
    I finally figured it out. I had Windows managing the connection. Once I unchecked that box Tom Tom was working perfectly! From the forum it seems I need to check that box again if I want to use Google Maps which also works.

Tom Tom 6 is amayzing! Way better then Telenav. Is anyone using Tom Tom Plus?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    Is anyone using Tom Tom Plus?
    I've used it for the traffic updates, it's run out now so I need to renew my subscription
    I finally figured it out. I had Windows managing the connection. Once I unchecked that box Tom Tom was working perfectly! From the forum it seems I need to check that box again if I want to use Google Maps which also works.

Tom Tom 6 is amayzing! Way better then Telenav. Is anyone using Tom Tom Plus?
    Can you tell me what com ports you are using? I cannot get mine to work with my GPS cradle. Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    I am using Com port 4 but as soon as I unchecked the option that lets Windows manage the GPS connection my Tom Tom was working perfectly.
    I am using Com port 4 but as soon as I unchecked the option that lets Windows manage the GPS connection my Tom Tom was working perfectly.
    Com4 for the programs or hardware tab? What is the other com port you use - or don't you? Thanks for the help.
  12.    #12  
    Programs = none
    Hardware = 4
    Access = Manage GPS "not" checked

With these settings I have no problem running Tom Tom 6 on my 750.
    I'm sorry to keep bothering you - are you using BT or a wired GPS? When I select "Other NEMA GPS Reciever" it first ask me the baud rate (4800) and then pops up with a dialogue "GPS is Connected to: COM3, COM7, RIL on COM6, and S2410 on IRDA2410".
    A little bump on this topic, I'm experiencing the same problems.

I've set program to none, hardware to 4, manage off and still tomtom can't find my gps mouse, wired to the Treo.

Are you doing some kind of trick? Like starting the application first and then connecting the gps? or what?
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I'm sorry to keep bothering you - are you using BT or a wired GPS? When I select "Other NEMA GPS Reciever" it first ask me the baud rate (4800) and then pops up with a dialogue "GPS is Connected to: COM3, COM7, RIL on COM6, and S2410 on IRDA2410".
    I am using a BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by astra View Post
    A little bump on this topic, I'm experiencing the same problems.

I've set program to none, hardware to 4, manage off and still tomtom can't find my gps mouse, wired to the Treo.

Are you doing some kind of trick? Like starting the application first and then connecting the gps? or what?
    I have not been a TomTom fan for a number of reasons. One of which has been this business about order of connections. In the past you HAD to make sure you connected first to GPS and then started the software. The port thing was also a problem in earlier versions.

Good news is they see seem to have fixed this relative to BT. I'd try connecting the hardware first and then starting the software. Switch the port settings until you find the right combination. BUT if it is like the old BT problem you'll need to completely start and stop the software until you find the right combination. Remember it and then use it when you restart.

BTW. The software always had been very solid. It was the technical support, licensing agreement and the BT port problem that always POd me. The BT is fixed but the goofy licensing still remains.

Hope this helps.
    i know with telenav you have to pay like 9.99 a month for the service as well as the receiver and such

with tomtom, do you just buy the kit and you are ready to run? or is there subscriptions or charges that you have to pay for to use it?
  18.    #18  
    Once you have the software and a GPS receiver you are set. No monthly fee's. I liked Telenav but after 9 months I was at a break even point with Tom Tom and I do not need to use any data connection to navigate while Telenav requires this to stream updated map info to you.
    WOW, looks like tom tom is just what i'm looking for

which version is the newest, maybe i'll search for one on ebay
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeas750 View Post
    which version is the newest
    Navigator 6

...maybe i'll search for one on ebay
    Most of the ones on eBay are dodgy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast