1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was going through some older TC threads (lots of goodies from last year).

It got me thinking about warranties & such. If all the 700w users still had a warranty left when the 700wx or whatever comes out next, it would be likely that most people would have a "broken button", or some other warranty claim in hopes of getting an upgraded 700wx (or whatever). If enough people did this at the same time, the refurb 700w's would run out & Verizon would be forced to give the rest new 700WX's.

So, with that being said, when did the 700W come out? How strong were sales at the begining (did they fly off the shelves)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    I'm pretty sure the 700w became available on Verizon in Jan of '06.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Hi,

I was going through some older TC threads (lots of goodies from last year).

It got me thinking about warranties & such. If all the 700w users still had a warranty left when the 700wx or whatever comes out next, it would be likely that most people would have a "broken button", or some other warranty claim in hopes of getting an upgraded 700wx (or whatever). If enough people did this at the same time, the refurb 700w's would run out & Verizon would be forced to give the rest new 700WX's.

So, with that being said, when did the 700W come out? How strong were sales at the begining (did they fly off the shelves)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    1st week of Jan 06

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of refurbs out there and I can't imagine verizon giving out a wx as a replacement.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  4.    #4  
    I was thinking if they keep 50,000 700w's in the refurb "pile", if suddenly the WX came out while 500,000 700w's were still in warranty, if half the people suddenly "had wink wink" a problem, there would be no 700w's left.
    I'm pretty sure it was 1/6/06 to be exact (online availability only).
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)