1.    #1  
    Could that be what's taking them so long to get it?
    OK, let's not get hysterical...
    END OF LINE
  3.    #3  
    Well you'd think they'll want out do Sprint's wx to ween back those who switched eh?
    Realistically, you COULD hope that there is a firmware update on it, hence the "delay" if there really is one, but I wouldn't expect Crossbow yet...maybe aku3+
    there is no WM6. the WM they are working on is called "Crossbow". google "crossbow OS". needless to say, nothing that i've seen says a release, around may 2007 at the earliest is my guess.
    agreed, the earliest phone that MIGHT have it will be out in may is the present best guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    there is no WM6. the WM they are working on is called "Crossbow". google "crossbow OS". needless to say, nothing that i've seen says a release, around may 2007 at the earliest is my guess.
    WE may be calling it crossbow, but MICROSOFT is calling it Windows Mobile 6.

If you go to the "about" tab in settings on a crossbow device it says WM6...

I should also not that the "version" is 5.2..... in the same screen
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 02/01/2007 at 06:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Engadget.com has an article today mentioning a February 14th announcement by Microsoft on WM6.

http://www.engadget.com/ It's about halfway down the front page.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i think we are waiting for a EVDO Rev. a update.
    Here's the link, since engaget has added several articles and it's harder to find....

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/01/w...alentines-day/
  11.    #11  
    It seems perfectly logical for them to wait until WM6 comes out so they can introduce the Treo with WM6 on it.

Not only will this give them a competitive edge, it'll also make them not look so bad by releasing the "same" device on the same network, with different names.

In case you didn't know, according to Palm, the 700w and the 700wx is exactly the same device except the wx is for Sprint and the w is for Verizon. The website indicates this and it'll be hard for them to continue their denial if Verizon carried both of the same device with different names.
    This thread is deep in silly season.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  13.    #13  
    It will have crossbow/wm6 and wifi and threaded sms and kick arse version of weatherpanel pre installed.
    If you mention the code pdaunlfree you get free data for life.
    I confirmed it with my insider source (my college roommate who once shared a cab with the guy who had a fax number that was one digit off from the palm ceo's assistant and as such he received all sorts of secret stuff).
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I confirmed it with my insider source (my college roommate who once shared a cab with the guy who had a fax number that was one digit off from the palm ceo's assistant and as such he received all sorts of secret stuff).
    I know that guy, but he's been wrong before. I prefer to use my trusty...