Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but it is there and it works beautifully! I have been using it over the past hour and am amazed. It is twice as fast as Windows Live version that I have been using the past month...

Go here on your Treo 700W and have fun:

Google Maps Mobile

You can also go here for a CAB file for ActiveSyncing...

Google Maps CAB
    Last edited by briguy73; 02/01/2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: added CAB link
    Very cool. I'll be looking at this shortly.

EDIT:

Ok. It's freakin' awesome. AND SO FAST!!!!

I'm in love. All over again.
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 02/01/2007 at 04:09 PM.
    END OF LINE
    how is this different than the one posted back on 7/28/06? http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=java+google

doesn't it still require java?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    how is this different than the one posted back on 7/28/06? http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=java+google

doesn't it still require java?
    No java, that's the difference. This is a native WM5 app that's fully intergrated.

Works very well, even on the Q

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    ok i just loaded it..

it doesn't require java anymore, but doesn't have as much dpad control as before. you have to touch screen do zoom and stuff.

nice post, but i think i like windows live better.

cody
  6.    #6  
    ok i just loaded it..

it doesn't require java anymore, but doesn't have as much dpad control as before. you have to touch screen do zoom and stuff.

cody
    I somewhat agree... Windows Live is more intuitive, has more features, etc... But, I have found in this limited amount of time that Google Maps loads at least 4x faster, seems to be 100% more stable, etc... I will use Windows Live if I run into something that Google Maps doesn't support, but for me, I worship everything that Google releases!
    ok i just loaded it..

cody
    on the smartphone edition you just use the center d-pad to zoom, I'd imagine its the same on the ppc version?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Sweet! I deleted Maps 4 PDA, but I'm keeping Windows Live.

Live has some neat search features that Google Maps don't have like finding businesses and etc by typing in something like "Pizza, Chinese and so on."

But Google seems much faster.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    The one thing I don't like vs. the java version is that when you do a business search you have to press the corasponding number to view the address. (I'm using a Q) On the java version the addy is right there, I'm sure it will be fixed soon in an update.

Otherwise it is very nice and very fast!!!!!!

Now if only that darn Verizon WX would come out I would be happy. I'm a bigtime user of the Google Maps as I travel a ton. On the 700w it would never work long enough for me to get to a location. The memory issue would freeze the W due to cacheing maps.
    Go Bucks!
    definitely seems to be missing a lot of the smooth functionality of windows live, but it has DC traffic including i270 which windows live only showed for the beltway.

Google has PIM contact integration which is missing from windows live.

Live's category searching makes finding info easier, imo.

I think I'll keep both. Windowslive when I want to find a product or service, Google when I need traffic or to find a contact/mapping.
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 02/01/2007 at 04:54 PM.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Wow, works great.

And you can search only for an address and have it pinpointed!
    Awesome find indeed... Google is awesome about porting their apps to all platforms given enough time...
  13.    #13  
    Just found another cool feature... find a point on the map and hold your stylus over it... mark it as the starting point. Next, go to your destination and do the same thing, but mark it as the ending point... it automatically calculates your route... no more having to find the exact address!!! Of course, the directions that it gave me to get to my work is a little different than what I currently use, it will come in handy for getting somewhere you have never been!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Wow, works great.

And you can search only for an address and have it pinpointed!
    Windows live does this. You just type in the address. It's not however linked to contact like google maps, if that's what you meant.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Ok, this seriously kicks some arse!
    What's cool about Live is you can type in "Pizza, Mall" or any other generic search phrase and you can get directions to that spot easily. It's almost like GPS without the GPS...
    This is the first of the replacement programs I need. I moved from the 650 to the 700wx. I loved Google Maps on the 650.

Next, I need to find a travel expense tracker (hotel, air, meals, taxi, etc. expenses while on the road). Adarian's Expense Tracker is great on the Palm platform. Gotta find something on WM now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    even on the Q
    The what????
    Yeah... he's gone...
    END OF LINE
    and mal... the dpad doesn't work like you said the Q does.

and no he's not gone. he got a Q. altho it is sounding like he like it. maybe gone soon. lol

I think he the type to have many phones. deep pockets.lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast