Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    thanks fot the info.
    Do you get verbal directions with google maps?

I WONDER IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH ANY RECENT REVIEWS OF bt GPS receivers. I could not find a comprehensive one.
    THANKS AGAIN.
    Last edited by lghitis; 02/06/2007 at 02:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    try gpspassion.com
    make sure to click on english, if it comes up in french.
    I use the little copilot BT gps devices, they work great. pm me if you are looking for one, there are deals to be had.
    Thanks. I will look into that.
    Today in the NY Times the Garmin Mobile 10 receiver is mentioned.
    I looked in other posts and could not find any info of anybody using it with the treo 700wx.

Can anybody comment on this?
    for those of you who've loaded up Google Maps - check this out. didja know that GMM puts in a contact map lookup in your Menu button in Contacts? You've probably seen that contact search is in the app itself (unlike Live Search - wtf Redmond?), BUT - have you all seen that if you open a contact & hit Menu, Lookup Via Google Maps (or whatever) now shows in the popup?
    Most excellent.
    Even the great WLS doesn't do that!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    EDITED: My Bad
    Last edited by robdam; 02/08/2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: misunderstood post
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    for those of you who've loaded up Google Maps - check this out. didja know that GMM puts in a contact map lookup in your Menu button in Contacts? You've probably seen that contact search is in the app itself (unlike Live Search - wtf Redmond?), BUT - have you all seen that if you open a contact & hit Menu, Lookup Via Google Maps (or whatever) now shows in the popup?
    Most excellent.
    Even the great WLS doesn't do that!
    actually that has been bugging the hell out of me for a couple of days.... I did not know where it came from.... I've been testing the phone and will reset since I've decided that I'm going to keep it, so it was no big deal.

lol... not a very good way to setup files, google.

EDIT: wow... that is huge... thanks JM... that is awsome.... I'm glad you posted that.....
    Last edited by theog; 02/08/2007 at 10:36 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I downloaded each and I like both, the google one slightly better though.
    One thing I noticed though, when I installed the Windows Live one , it created a program icon labeled "Search (1)". Any ideas how to rename that?
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by majorchaos View Post
    I downloaded each and I like both, the google one slightly better though.
    One thing I noticed though, when I installed the Windows Live one , it created a program icon labeled "Search (1)". Any ideas how to rename that?
    I had the same issue and have just been dealing with it... any ideas are appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy73 View Post
    I had the same issue and have just been dealing with it... any ideas are appreciated!
    using your file explorer rename the shortcut (.lnk file) icon. You can rename it to anything you like such as Windows Live.

It's located here: my device/windows/start menu
    or here: my device/windows/start menu/programs

Pretty stupid of Microsoft considering the other "search" program is theirs as well.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    using your file explorer rename the shortcut (.lnk file) icon. You can rename it to anything you like such as Windows Live.

Pretty stupid of Microsoft considering the other "search" program is theirs as well.
    Thanks... now I'm wondering why I didn't think of that one!
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post

hey thanks!
    I looked everywhere, but there... lol
    Does anyone know if this can be used overseas, with a GPS and Wi-Fi connection? I know Google has specific maps online for Germany and Italy already, among a few others...

In theory, I want to believe that it would work, given that the map exists on G's servers, and the GPS should be able to track, but does anyone know for sure? I may be traveling this summer, and I'm getting ready right now, stacking the deck in my favor...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend View Post
    I wish this version included trip details such as travel time and traffic delay like the java version. Otherwise performance is superior to anything else I've tried.
    I just redownloaded GMM and the version is now 1.0.1. Don't know if this is old news. But the travel time and traffic delay is now indicated like the java version. Woo!
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    What's the link for GMM version 1.0.1. ? Also,the WLS now includes a contact lookup in the menu as well in the final version that's available. Someone posted the link to it in the forums already .
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    The google one now contains a contact lookup function too.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    http://www.google.com/gmm

You can go to the site from your device.

I personlly have both apps, and have been using Live Search A LOT! It has really changed the way I look at my device.
    This version seems exactly the same.

The contact integration is much better in Live Search, especially when it comes to directions functions. Trying to get directions from one contact to another is akward at best when using google.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    what about virtual earth ??? seems like it has both the google and microsoft interface...business search...call to business...traffic alert....zoom with center pad, zoom out with left key...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234