Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Hey, it is february! Where is the unbranded 750? Is AT&T going to manhandle their logo on all the 750s as well ?
  2. #2  
    February has 28 days in it. Once in awhile, even 29 days. It's only Feb 1st so if Palm is indeed on schedule to offer an unlocked device it has time to do it to meet the February timeline.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3. #3  
    Who said they were offering an unlocked in February? I've never seen this announced anywhere. Their site only says February, it says nothing about whether this will be locked or unlocked (my bet is locked).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #4  
    Well the website claimed Late January until today. Moreover, the website has yet to say if it will be an unlocked version. In fact, the page which contains this statement prominently displays a Cingular logo. I'm hoping for unlocked as well. But since they were unable to meet there January deadline for no good public reason that i could find, i am not going to count down the days in February. This kind of game really gets old. Get your business right Palm and make your words clear, meaningful and live by them. Letting customers guess and reguess is hardly a good strategy, imho.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    Well the website claimed Late January until today. Moreover, the website has yet to say if it will be an unlocked version. In fact, the page which contains this statement prominently displays a Cingular logo. I'm hoping for unlocked as well. But since they were unable to meet there January deadline for no good public reason that i could find, i am not going to count down the days in February. This kind of game really gets old. Get your business right Palm and make your words clear, meaningful and live by them. Letting customers guess and reguess is hardly a good strategy, imho.
    I agree with your post!
  6. #6  
    There Wont Be A Unbraded 750 Anytime Soon.....dont Hold Your Breath!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    There Wont Be A Unbraded 750 Anytime Soon.....dont Hold Your Breath!
    I wonder if the Apple phone will have cingular's logo on it ? I seriously doubt it.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    I wonder if the Apple phone will have cingular's logo on it ? I seriously doubt it.

    Apple said there will not be a cingular logo anywhere on the iPhone.
  9. #9  
    Wonder if you can get an iphone with No Contract?

    I already have too many Cingular contracts and sure don't need another one.

    I bet the "No Contract" iphone will bring some big $$$ on eBay.
  10. #10  
    well considering the iphone isnt being subsidized by cingular at least not at the moment that price is pretty much the price.

    i would like for palm to release an unbranded 750 so i can send my vodafone one in and have them flash it to that
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
  11. #11  
    yeah, no cingular logo on the iPhone, but I wouldn't doubt that there might be an at&t logo though.


    Quote Originally Posted by ipacmm View Post
    Apple said there will not be a cingular logo anywhere on the iPhone.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    well considering the iphone isnt being subsidized by cingular at least not at the moment that price is pretty much the price.

    i would like for palm to release an unbranded 750 so i can send my vodafone one in and have them flash it to that
    so are u saying that palm will convert a branded phone to an unbranded phone minus the painted decal? do they charge for this? is it unlocked as well when it comes back?
  13. #13  
    This has been possible in the past with branded Palm OS Treos using released ROMs and some applications that fool the Treo into thinking it's unbranded.

    It has never been done on a WM5 Treo. Let's say that again, it has never been done on a WM5 Treo since the 750 is the first GSM WM5 Treo.

    Anyone who says it can be done is speculating. There is no proof, evidence, or even rumors that it can or cannot be done. There was an early Cingular ROM leaked that could be used on Vodaphone Treos, but it was a leak and not a released ROM. Expecting the same thing from Palm for unbranded ROMs is not something I would expect.

    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    so are u saying that palm will convert a branded phone to an unbranded phone minus the painted decal? do they charge for this? is it unlocked as well when it comes back?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. URPREY's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    #14  
    I dislike misleading thread titles...

    iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone

Posting Permissions