Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 90
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Does it matter if you are a horizontal or vertical holster wearer?
    You can wear it either way. However, the device is easier to remove one-handed if worn horizontally. That being said, the horizontal position is also the position where the device is more prone to accidental nudges.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  2. #22  
    I've always envied those Blackberry holsters. They're slim, secure and provide that satisfying "click" when properly engaged.

    I'd buy a Treo version in a heartbeat.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpantoja View Post
    I've always envied those Blackberry holsters. They're slim, secure and provide that satisfying "click" when properly engaged.

    I'd buy a Treo version in a heartbeat.
    Seidio are you listening?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Ever been to NY City? Out of the question!
    Yes I have, and all I can say is that if you are in an environment on a daily basis in which your $500 device is at risk of being knocked out of the holster by bumping into people on a subway, then maybe you should consider a more secure way of carrying your Treo, such as a pouch, or keep it in the pocket, etc...


    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Huh? The clip goes nowhere near the touch screen. If you put the device with the screen in, it's not even an issue.
    My comment about "dangerous compressive force on the screen" was a joke. Think about though, in order to satisfy your complaint of the device getting released by bumping into people, Seidio would have to implement a spring that pressed from the top of the Treo down against the botton fittings of the holster with such a force that either the device would be damaged (due to compressive forces) or the bottom of the holster would break. Most likely the latter. Additionally, you would get a nice workout just releasing the holster in order to use the device.

    IMO I think this holster is not adequate for your situation so maybe you can try a different one or keep complaining to Seidio and then they can design the NYC-rugged-subway-user-version of the holster...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarrett View Post
    IMO I think this holster is not adequate for your situation so maybe you can try a different one or keep complaining to Seidio and then they can design the NYC-rugged-subway-user-version of the holster...
    Well, apparently you don't have to live in NYC to have your Treo fly out of one of these holsters. Apparently even less abusive circumstances have already been posted in this thread (not to mention the guy who posted on another thread that his treo flew into the toilet when while using a spring clip holster).

    Seidio would have to implement a spring that pressed from the top of the Treo down against the botton fittings of the holster with such a force that either the device would be damaged (due to compressive forces) or the bottom of the holster would break. Most likely the latter. Additionally, you would get a nice workout just releasing the holster in order to use the device.
    I disagree. Using a spring with a bit more tension would do the trick.

    For all of our sakes for the people who buy and use this product, I sincerely hope it does not happen to you.
    Last edited by JGold; 02/02/2007 at 11:49 AM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Apparently even less abusive circumstances have already been posted in this thread (not to mention the guy who posted on another thread that his treo flew into the toilet when while using a spring clip holster).
    I think the key is that the type of problematic circumstances described in this thread are in fact abusive scenarios and Seidio probably has no intentions to address these abuse related issues and personally I don't blame them. Some products just don't work for every person and possible situation.

    I am sure that eventually I will drop my Treo and I will have to slowly inspect the device in hopes that the drop did not create damage... And when that day comes I will definately blame Seidio!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I disagree. Using a spring with a bit more tension would do the trick.
    You are probably right, but the fact is that the current design is on the market already. Maybe they should have performed more testing during the design phase. However, if they sell 1000 units and 10-20 people complain about the spring not holding up during a questionably abusive situation, they probably won't recall the unit.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarrett View Post
    You are probably right, but the fact is that the current design is on the market already. Maybe they should have performed more testing during the design phase. However, if they sell 1000 units and 10-20 people complain about the spring not holding up during a questionably abusive situation, they probably won't recall the unit.
    Yeah, I work in IT and I know that a little QA goes a long way. I think where I differ from your opinion is the word "abusive". I don't think it is abusive if by accident something brushes past you (please don't say it's not possible or you are always 100% cognizant of things happening around you at all times) and the lack of tension causes the device to slip out.

    Regardless, let me just say I like the design and the combo with the treo casing. I just don't get that warm and fuzzy that I did when I had my Treo in a slip-in holster that I still have. That being said, I will continue to use the holster and "see how it goes".
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  9. mbamenra's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #29  
    I know I'm a broken record about this, but I will put it out there one last time (I promise) for Seidio. In addition to their spring clip design for those who prefer it, if they also make a blackberry-style holster for skinned and un-skinned devices and it's over. There would be nothing more perfect on the market, period.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbamenra View Post
    I know I'm a broken record about this, but I will put it out there one last time (I promise) for Seidio. In addition to their spring clip design for those who prefer it, if they also make a blackberry-style holster for skinned and un-skinned devices and it's over. There would be nothing more perfect on the market, period.
    I second that!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  11. #31  
    I can see where it would be possible without major re-design to put in a thicker more rigid spring into these holsters. I think they may have already done that based on past springs breaking. Right now I think the spring feels rigid enough for my/normal use. Just like other cases, holsters, devices, etc. there is always a "Rugged" version our there. People who think this holster doesnt cut it for them, may want to look for a more rugged case or holster option. In my opinion, the more rugged the case, the less usable the device. That's mainly the reason most of us choose the Rubberized case and holster. Very little protection, but just enough without loosing any functionality
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Yeah, I work in IT and I know that a little QA goes a long way.
    I am engineer and I can also appreciate a little QA. Additionally, a properly executed design to product process goes a long way. However, considering this a $30 product maybe we are asking too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I just don't get that warm and fuzzy that I did when I had my Treo in a slip-in holster that I still have.
    I also own the Palm horizontal pouch, and I admit when I am using the pouch I am much more comfortable in regards to the safety of my Treo than with the Clip Holster. Mainly because with the holster the actual device is exposed to the wild where as the pouch prevents anything from coming into contact with it. I am also more comfortable in the fact that the hard plastic clip is not digging into my side as I sit at my desk.
  13. #33  
    I have had the holster for about a week or so and I do like it. My only issue is the one brought up here a couple times. The clip is to easy to move. I sat down at a poker table last weekend and a few minutes later someone came up to me and asked if that was my phone on the floor...heck yeah it was. The back of the chair hit the clip just right and the 750 popped out.

    Now I check it constantly to make sure the phone is still there. It also happened one other time while getting into my car. Thankfully I felt it and the treo just landed on my seat...no harm done.

    Other than that this is a good product. I have been using Seido holsters for years and have had only a couple problems so they are good in my book.
  14. #34  
    I finally received my new Hybrid Case and holster combo. I have yet to put the case on the Treo, just looking at the clip and right away I do see how this clip is definitely less ridged then the clip with thats on the Naked holster. Also, i was expecting to see this holster in the same "rubberized" material as the naked holster. It is not.. its just plastic, where the naked holster has a nice rubberized paint. No big deal.

    Again, I can see your concern with this holster and I should not have assumed the clips were the same, they are not. Although its a very small difference in tension, it is in fact less rigged. I think for now Im keeping both holsters in case I dont like the Hybrid case, or decide to go naked.

    Another note: Since this holster holds the bulkier Treo Covered in a case/skin the actual Clip its longer. More of an arch to hold the larger device size. This clip flex's at the arch as well. Where the naked holster is solid and doesnt not flex at all. Maybe a thicker clip and not so much a more ridged spring would help this holster.
    Last edited by Interstink; 02/02/2007 at 01:32 PM.
  15. mbamenra's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #35  
    Drop #1: Slinging the backpack over the back accidently released the spring clip and the Treo tumbles out onto the ground. The hybrid case also popped loose, so the front and back portions plus the Treo were laying in three separate places. It's put back together now, but this is looking like this might become a big $58 problem.
  16. #36  
    The clip needs to be repositioned, or made stronger. I used the case for the 1st time yesterday. I keep it in the horizontal position. 2 times when I got out of my car, the phone came out and laid on the seat. I do like the case, but the clip does need some tweaking. Now I feel for my phone every few minutes because I am paranoid it will fall out again.
  17. #37  
    Ist day of ownership, skinned treo FELL out of holster, dropped to the ground, and the skin opened and naked treo hit the ground.
    Not at all impressed with this item. The skin itself is satisfactory to me, but the holster is not.
  18. #38  
    As I stated in an earlier post I love my rubberized skin and the holster. I have been using it now for about a week without event. But at a conference the other day I was putting my coat on while walking and heard my device hit the thinly carpeted floor. I did not even feel my jacket catch on anything, so it must have brushed it just right to let the clip loose (I wear mine in the horizontal position as I find it more dangerous to wear it vertically and try to remove it). Anyway, the device hit the ground and came apart. From what I can tell nothing fatal happened to the device. But the hit did crack one of the tabs on the upper left side. Since the left side is the "anchor" side for the skin, the skin now will not close. So one fall and my skin is toast.

    For those of you considering this case here is my honest feedback. Great case for people who need constant access to their device - on and off the belt a lot. But if you are prone to bumps and bangs then you will eventually suffer a drop of the device. I have the rubberized. The interior of this skin is really plastic and the outside is a rubber/plastic composite. So a drop has a decent chance of cracking the skin. So while the holster can understandably demand a $30 price tag I don't see buying another plastic skin at $30 a pop.
  19. #39  
    I too bought the Hybrid case and clip combo. Popped out 2 times on the 1st day and 2 more on the second. There is no worse feeling than seeing your 750 bounce off of pavement.
    I owned Seidio's clip for my 650. It was the 1st Gen with the clip on the far side opposite the antenna. Unfortunatly, I threw it away after 30 days because it was a danger as my treo popped out daily. The 2nd Gen had the clip centered. It was far superior that the old, but still poped out occasionaly.
    Even though my hybrid case clip is centered, it pops out as bad as my 1st 650's. I am very disappointed and have told my 2 friends to cancel their order until the 2nd generation comes out. It just is not worth it.

    Tripp
    Birmingham, AL
  20. #40  
    Well, it happened...

    I was outside in my driveway and went to put my coat on. The coat must have caught the clip and out popped my 750 landing face down on the concrete driveway.

    A small crack on the frame of the screen is now visible. along with a couple scratches.

    This really bummed me out. Not sure what I am going to do about the holster. I am still using it but I am considering something else. It is just too easy for the 750 to come out of this thing.

    Unfortunate since I love holsters and hate cases.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions