Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    After driving over my 650 (it didn't like that), I bought a 8525 based on features. I hated loosing the one-handed usefullness and changed it to a 750 after just a week. I'm very happy that I switched to the 750, but mine may have a problem. First, every now and then I see it flash "connecting to Cingular" a few times in a row; second, once I found that it had turned off the phone without me pressing any buttons; and finally, on a few occasions I haven't been able to get the phone option to turn on - I see the screen indicating it is turning on, but when it's done I see that the phone is still turned off. When I have the last problem, the only solution is to remove the battery and restore it.

Now, all these problmes are rare, and I love this PDA phone compared to the 650, 8100, or 8525. But I would like to know what I should do about the phone problem.
    If you are still with in your 30 days, go back and ask for a replacement, you are just an unfortunate person to have gotten a faulty one. Just go back and tell the rep what happened, and they should give you another one.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Hard reset the phone first.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    If you are still with in your 30 days, go back and ask for a replacement, you are just an unfortunate person to have gotten a faulty one. Just go back and tell the rep what happened, and they should give you another one.
    Well, that won't be easy. The phone is provided by my company. When I destroyed the 650, I contacted our IS department, explained the problem and asked for another 650 or a 680. They said no, as they are only using Windows Mobile PDA phones now and use the 8100 as the company standard. I pursuaded them to let me have an 8525 instead. A week later, I asked to return the 8525 and get the 750 - they were not happy at all, as even the 8525 was drifting from their standard, but in the end came through with the 750. If I now go back to them so soon, I may end up with an 8100!

I need to see if I can resolve the problem myself, or wait for the dust to settle from the last round of discussions.
    I saw this on a Vodaphone 750 before. It would often not have the phone turn on. I had to soft reset to get the phone to work again. I returned it. I have never seen this on the Vodaphone 750 that I have. Sounds like a bad unit.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680