1.    #1  
    I have had my treo 700w for 4 months and love it. I have not really complained or abadoned it when it showed me its bad side and have learned to work around its incapabilities. I have been thinking of selling the treo and getting a Samsung i730 just because I want something new and a little better. eventhough the 730 is a older machine, it has a bigger screen @ 240x320 a faster processor @ 512mhz double the usable ram which is 64mb and is capable of a2dp or watever its called that allows u to listen to music on a BT headset all at a $100 lower price tag.

any suggestions? just want to know if u guys think ill regret it. thanks for the help
    It's huuuuuuge, and, from what I've heard, heavy.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've started to look for alternatives to the 700w. I have no real complaints except the screen size and the memory. I definitely want to stay away from POS. The i730 is an option, as well as Verizon's PPC offering (I forget the model number). Any recommendations ?
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLuSi0nS View Post
    I have had my treo 700w for 4 months and love it. I have not really complained or abadoned it when it showed me its bad side and have learned to work around its incapabilities. I have been thinking of selling the treo and getting a Samsung i730 just because I want something new and a little better. eventhough the 730 is a older machine, it has a bigger screen @ 240x320 a faster processor @ 512mhz double the usable ram which is 64mb and is capable of a2dp or watever its called that allows u to listen to music on a BT headset all at a $100 lower price tag.

any suggestions? just want to know if u guys think ill regret it. thanks for the help
    I went the other way...I would not do this if I were you.The i730 has a bad side too...much bigger one IMHO
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    what makes the i730 a bad choice ?
    I think it has pretty bad battery life from what I understand. You have to get the extended battery which only adds to its considerable heft. Also, the i730 is a slider...I HATE sliders. You will have to pop down that keyboard every time you want to use it which makes one-handed operation tougher. I tried it in the store and just didn't like it as much as the Treo, but that's just me.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    I've owned both, here's my take:

The i730 is a better machine for sure, better hardware, NO BLUETOOTH ISSUES AT ALL due to its Samsung-created OBEX program. However, the OS is VERY unstable compared to the 700w/wx. It feels like they just took the OS from Microsoft and stuck it on the phone. You can also say that this theory of mine is reinforced with the ip-830w, which has a different OS (aku 2.6 instead of 2.2).

The 700w is better one-handed (no surprise there), but I do like the bigger screen of the 730. But like I said, the 700 is more stable and overall the more reliable of the two.

And the 730 is NOT able to handle a2dp unless you hack it. Some report it works fine, others don't like the quality. So do your research in that department before you commit.

Just think about these fewq things before you jump ship. The i730 is like a Harley, when it runs its great but it requires a lot of upkeep.

Oh yeah, and the i730 comes with the extended battery in the box, the 830 does not.
  8.    #8  
    littlepat thank you very much for your reply you really shined some light. gave you honest opinion.

as for weight, the i730 is only .4 ounces heavier then the treo, and only like .2 inches bigger. the OS that it comes with is 2003 which is outdated but they have completely upgraded its software which makes it a easier, more reliable stable device.

I just want a phone that doesn't crap out on me when i need it most and the 700w has let me down numerous times and not that im giving up on it, i just want some more memory dammit is that too much to ask for? PALM if the wx was with Verizon this would be a no brainer, but verizon is laggin on there supposed new evdo internet, new phone plans and packages, and of course new phones. Im going into a verizon store after i post this message and smoke a phat bowl, imma give the i730 my own little test. Thanks for all the insight.
  9.    #9  
    ohh yah and the i730 has built in WiFi and im sick of not being able to play soo many games cuz my screen is square, i wanna play my fishing hunting games
  10.    #10  
    ok its gotten a little more serious now.... they are a discontinued model and no store carries them and they say the moment the sell out of the phone they will not get any more of them. They said if i want to play with one i have to buy it first and i get 15 days to play with it and then i can send it back if i want but what kinda crap is that, i just need 5 mins alone with this thing and ill be ok. Y do they want to mess with me after i just puffed?
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLuSi0nS View Post
    ok its gotten a little more serious now.... they are a discontinued model and no store carries them and they say the moment the sell out of the phone they will not get any more of them. They said if i want to play with one i have to buy it first and i get 15 days to play with it and then i can send it back if i want but what kinda crap is that, i just need 5 mins alone with this thing and ill be ok. Y do they want to mess with me after i just puffed?
    thay are messing with you cause thay know your high. lol

I was in the verizon store yesterday compairing evdo speeds, playing with phones, and saw a i730. I would just call around to the stores in you area. find out who has a working display model of the i730. most of the verizon stores in my area all have working models.

what I would do before going to the i730 is go back to the 6700. at least it wouldn't be a giant set back. what I would do before that though, if I was you, is smoke another one and chill. there are new phones coming out soon. don't go backwards, go forwards. if that don't help... try a bong. lol

cody