1.    #1  
    Well I sold the 700W and got a IPAQ 6925. The first thing I noticed right out of the box was the larger screen. It's still 240x240 but instead of 2"x2", the 6925 screen is 2.25"x2.25" - that makes it 20% larger. The built in wi-fi is nice too. It has a faster processor (33% faster), more memory, GPS and the Bluetooth service handles the headsets better. I can't remember how many headsets I've bought and sold over the past few years for my Treo 600,650, 700P and 700W --just to go back to a wired one because I found the quality lacking. I'll still hang Treo Central because it's still the best forum for WM5 discussions & my wife has the 700P!

Oh yeah, running Goodlink on the 700W was horrible. On the 6925, it wasn't bad at all -- perhaps even a little better than the 700Wx. In all fairness, I dumped Goodlink again because the better solution (ActiveSync) uses the native PIM db files.

Two days before I got the IPAQ, I tried the Nokia E62. It was nice, but its no PDA. I thought I could get by with a cool smartphone -- either that one or the Samsung Blackjack.

NO WAY! I need more!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC View Post
    Well I sold the 700W and got a IPAQ 6925. The first thing I noticed right out of the box was the larger screen. It's still 240x240 but instead of 2"x2", the 6925 screen is 2.25"x2.25" - that makes it 20% larger.
    The screen may be larger, but the picture doesn't get any clearer. Items will still take up the same amount of space as they did on the 2x2 screen. Things are just proportioned.
    Brave move Jesse.I was a long time ipaq user 6315>6515>with my last Ipaq being the 6900.
    I would not give up my wx for any device on the market now
    Good luck in ipaq style
    The 6900 series are good devices, and really underrated. I found mine to be very very stable.

Surur
    That looks pretty sweet. How much did it cost you if I may ask? It's only available on cingular right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    That looks pretty sweet. How much did it cost you if I may ask? It's only available on cingular right?
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...=11112&kw=ipaq

HP iPAQ hw6945 Mobile Messenger (Unlocked)
    Price: $599.99*
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Remember (to those interested), no 3G on that phone. That's why I didn't buy it, plus it is a little big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Remember (to those interested), no 3G on that phone. That's why I didn't buy it, plus it is a little big.
    Good point. Any insight news when a 3G & smaller one avail ?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Yeah, lack of 3G was a deal braker for me as well.
    By the way,what's the mAH on the battery that comes with it? I doubt it has better battery life than the treo...

Edit: NVM, just found out its 1200mAH. No thanks, my battery on the treo is double that(2400mAH), thats A LOT!
    Last edited by Jdoc; 02/21/2007 at 11:17 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Sorry, I am not in the habit of resurrecting old threads. I gave the IPAQ a chance and overall didn't like the experience. I then got a Samsung Blackjack. That was surprisingly a really nice phone. Unfortunately the bluetooth profiles didn't match my handsfree car kit and I had to let it go. I tried my wifes 700P and it worked perfectly.

So I am back, now armed with the Treo 750.

Me likey!
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC View Post
    Sorry, I am not in the habit of resurrecting old threads. I gave the IPAQ a chance and overall didn't like the experience. I then got a Samsung Blackjack. That was surprisingly a really nice phone. Unfortunately the bluetooth profiles didn't match my handsfree car kit and I had to let it go. I tried my wifes 700P and it worked perfectly.

So I am back, now armed with the Treo 750.

Me likey!
    See you over at the 750 forum!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Brave move Jesse.I was a long time ipaq user 6315>6515>with my last Ipaq being the 6900.
    I would not give up my wx for any device on the market now
    Good luck in ipaq style
    It really was a brave move Jessie..I'm glad you decided to make the smart move back
    haha. Nice to see you saw the error in your ways. Glad to see you're back with us again.

heimlich