1.    #1  
    My contract with Verizon runs out today so I was shopping around for the 750, and one of the Cingular stores I went to told me that there is a freeze on selling the 750. He said they're all coming back because there are a lot of problems with the software. Has anyone hear anything about this?

This will be my first Pocket PC, so I have been constantly reading up on it in anticipation, but I have not heard anything about that. Normally, I would have laughed it off, but this was the same store that told me the date for the Treo, along with the pricing, before any other Cingular stores in the area had a clue.

I live in San Antonio...you would think the Reps around here would know more than anywhere else.
    I think he's out of 750's and he wants you to come back to him later for it when "their" store has it, or he wants you to get a different phone because he doesn't like the 750
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thats a bunch of crap! i was in a cingular store today talking to a guy about my 750 and he told me they cant keep them on the shelves
    Was in a store in NJ today and was talking with mgr about picking one up tom. and nothing was mentioned to me about sending them back.
    Mine locks up sometimes when making a call and it's only 1 day old.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
    I think he's out of 750's and he wants you to come back to him later for it when "their" store has it, or he wants you to get a different phone because he doesn't like the 750
    Although he did say they were out of the 750s, he didn't try to sell me anything else. At least, I didn't give him the opportunity to. He told me about the Treo 680, but then a customer came in, and I walked out.

You could be right though, maybe he just didn't want to lose a sale...which he did anyway.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I was just at Cingular yesterday and they said that EVERY Treo 680 they sold from their first batch (6) was returned because of softeare issues. They had not had the same problem with the 750 though.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    i have been using the 750c for about a week now. no problems at all. it is hard getting used to the wm platform coming from palm, but so far i like it and again, no resets at all yet, and no little glitches yet. a real nice solid phone, much more refined than the 680 and just a nicer unit all around.
    I am also in San Antonio and went to Brent at the Cingular Store on Nacodoches and O'Conner Road. They are available and he is just giving you a line of bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchesi View Post
    My contract with Verizon runs out today so I was shopping around for the 750, and one of the Cingular stores I went to told me that there is a freeze on selling the 750. He said they're all coming back because there are a lot of problems with the software. Has anyone hear anything about this?

This will be my first Pocket PC, so I have been constantly reading up on it in anticipation, but I have not heard anything about that. Normally, I would have laughed it off, but this was the same store that told me the date for the Treo, along with the pricing, before any other Cingular stores in the area had a clue.

I live in San Antonio...you would think the Reps around here would know more than anywhere else.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    I am also in San Antonio and went to Brent at the Cingular Store on Nacodoches and O'Conner Road. They are available and he is just giving you a line of bs.
    Thanks for the reassurance. I purchased mine today from the one on 281, but haven't had time to play with it yet.

FYI, the Cingular store in the Vineyard is where they told me about the alleged software issue.
    Keep in mind the 750 was released with (most likely known) bugs and UMTS only (no HSDPA.) They WILL release a software update in the first half of this year that will add HSDPA support and SHOULD fix any major bugs you come to experience.
    Obviously don't hold your breath on them fixing everything, but keep in mind that an update is iminent.
    The 750v has few complaints so we know the 750 Cingular has the potential to be as good if it's not already.

Getting used to WM5 is always the big step. Coming from PalmOS, the location of things on Windows Mobile are going to seem, at times, illogical. But it's really not that bad. Spend some time, read the full user manual on the CD (PDF) and do what you can to really educate yourself.
    My wife was frustrated at first and I forced her to sit down and run the on-screen tutorial and quick start guide. It did wonders to get her up to speed with it.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G