1.    #1  
    I'm looking for some freeware weather apps for the Today screen. I've seen ADB Weather plus, and it seems pretty good, but I'm curious if there are any other alternatives. Thanks!
    WeatherPanel
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    WeatherPanel
    Thanks, but weatherpanel isn't free.
    It sort of is. The original developer is MIA and the "trial" version is fully functional. There are many great threads here and on ppcgeeks.com about WeatherPanel. I've been using the "trial" for months with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund View Post
    I'm looking for some freeware weather apps for the Today screen. I've seen ADB Weather plus, and it seems pretty good, but I'm curious if there are any other alternatives. Thanks!
    Free Weather Panel giveaway
    Weather Panel hmm the good old days
    Ive had it for 9 months and was very stable wm3se ipaq 6515.
    I stoped using it on my 700wx because of long boots times/software conflict WM5
    Drop me a PM if you want it
    try www.tonaya.com its free, Can update, nice graphics, small footprint, tabbed cities. Weather is provided by NOAA
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    try www.tonaya.com its free, Can update, nice graphics, small footprint, tabbed cities. Weather is provided by NOAA

We encourage you to evaluate our PDA software and ensure they meet your needs by taking advantage of our free 14-day trial period. Simply download and install any of our products to start the 14-day trial period. The product will remain functional for the duration of the trial. After this period you must either purchase a license for continued use of the program or discontinue using it.
    psixichka copy and pasted from www.tonaya.com intro page:

We encourage you to evaluate our PDA software and ensure they meet your needs by taking advantage of our free 14-day trial period. Simply download and install any of our products to start the 14-day trial period. The product will remain functional for the duration of the trial. After this period you must either purchase a license for continued use of the program or discontinue using it.

But obviously you did NOT go to the weather link on that same page! Their weather program IS subscription free, update free, totally free!

go here: http://www.tonaya.com/products/wtg/index.php

to see this:

No subscription service needed
    Free software. Free weather information. Absolutely free!

as well as screen shots showing the programs highly customizable features!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I don't like the fact that tonaya doesn't update over EVDO or other net connection, only over activesynce
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    I don't like the fact that tonaya doesn't update over EVDO or other net connection, only over activesynce

I just downloaded Weather To Go. If you tap on the "TDY", there is an option to update via wireless. I just did this on my Cingular Treo 750 - I am in an EDGE area. It worked fine.
    Weather to Go did not install on my Treo 750 because it was required to be a signed file. Bleh
    "It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid." -- Einstein (P.S. Einstein did not understand quantum physics, so unless the barmaid completed her doctorate under Ed Witten, I would have her stick to serving John Daniel's shots.)
    After another go around, I got it to install on my Treo 750 after it prompted me whether it was okay to install a non-signed application. Answering "yes" to this allowed the installation to complete. I am finding that very often I have to go through the installation routine TWICE or more with the Treo 750 in order to get successful installs and synchs. That is, when it doesn't keep disconnecting itself from the Synch application and force me to keep plugging into a different USB port in order to "reconnect."

This application looks great. Nice little graphics. Update by clicking on "TDY" (today) and selecting Update from the resulting popup menu. Looks nice on the Today screen.
    "It should be possible to explain the laws of physics to a barmaid." -- Einstein (P.S. Einstein did not understand quantum physics, so unless the barmaid completed her doctorate under Ed Witten, I would have her stick to serving John Daniel's shots.)
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Weather Watcher Mobile
    http://www.singerscreations.com/Abou...cherMobile.asp
    Verizon 700w
    Works great, free, loaded app and MS CF.NET 2.0 onto SD card

Grace & Peace!
    Mark.

Although you see ADBWeather Plus because of the Today Plugin which Weather Watcher Mobile (unfortunately) does not have.
    Last edited by pdanut2; 02/19/2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: more info