Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Found this on eBay and thought it's an interesting design

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Skin-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

Not sure how the silicone cover on the dpad and buttons affects its usability. I wonder if Seidio can put a screen protector on their case like this one. I ordered one in anticipation of my amazon shipment. We'll see if it's any good.
    That looks very similar to the boxwave silicone case for the Treo 750. They have in more colors though.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I don't think the Boxwave has the flip up screen protector...wouldn't that get in the way? Their regular screen protectors work great...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I think the hard cover is to protect it when not using the touchscreen. I think the fact it flips up is nice.
    That looks more like the Speck SkinTight case that I used to have for my 650. If it's made of the same material, it will feel great in the hand but will also be very difficult to remove. Some people also reported issues with the Speck product stretching out of shape.

http://www.speckproducts.com/treo650-ds.html
    I bought this exact case off the same seller on eBay and have been usng it for just over a week. For $14 (including shipping) I think it was a great deal. The fit is excellent with all openings lining up perfectly. It goes on and off very easily. The rubber over the buttons does not adversly effect their use. The flip up screen protector is nice, but sometimes it flips open when using the belt the clip as there is not a real latching mechanism to keep it closed. The weakest part of it for me was the clip. The clip iteslf was OK but I didn't like the screw in "button" as it seemed like a weak part that could break. My solution was I had another phone which used the same clip but had a metal button which had the same thread size. All in all I have been very happy with it. I wanted a Speck SkinTight case, but I e-mailed them and they said they had no immediate plans to release one.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. Yeah, it did look like there's not latching mechanism... too bad. I don't put my phone on my belt, so the clip is not going to be a problem for me. I don't think the swivel belt clip locks in various positions as well. Am I right? I'm waiting for the case, and will chime in when I get it.
    Boxwave's also has the flip up screen protector on the belt clip model.
    The non-belt clip model doesn't have the flip up cover.
    The only down side is that these silicone cases add a fair amount of size/bulk to the device. On one hand it's going to survive a hell of a bounce/drop on pavement, so it'll be very protected against that (that's why I have it.) But since I cary it in the pocket it kind of sucks to have the extra size.

I'm considering trying out the Sedio crystal clear case (or hybrid.) I think it'll be a tad less bulky and a little smoother finish for sliding in/out of the pocket.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Which one are you referring to for Boxwave? Their FlexiSkin case doesn't have the flip cover.
    The FlexiSkin case WITH belt clip does have a flip cover.
    The FlexiSkin case WITHOUT belt clip does not have a flip cover.
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...o-750_2086.htm
    This is the one reason I did not get the belt clip model. The belt clip nub is removable so I considered it until I realised it also had a flip cover (which I'm not a fan of.)

Here's a good picture of it:
    http://www.boxwave.com/images_bw/pro...lip_btm_lg.jpg
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I have a similar one to the boxwave one, only without the the clear plastic flap. I'm still on the fence if i like it or not, protects against scratches just fine, but scratches is not what i'm worried about, it's accidental falls.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I think the boxwave case is exactly the same as the one on eBay!
    In answer to your question the clip does not ratchet it swivels freely.

Looking at the boxwave pics I think these two are identical (which doesn't surprise me as Boxwave does not manufacture - they resell products from Asia). The one I got off eBay was in Asian packaging. The plastic clip and clip button are the same and the style of the speaker and camera openings are identical.

Much better deal on eBay for 8.99 vs. Boxwaves $24.00!!!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eneisch View Post
    In answer to your question the clip does not ratchet it swivels freely.

Looking at the boxwave pics I think these two are identical (which doesn't surprise me as Boxwave does not manufacture - they resell products from Asia). The one I got off eBay was in Asian packaging. The plastic clip and clip button are the same and the style of the speaker and camera openings are identical.

Much better deal on eBay for 8.99 vs. Boxwaves $24.00!!!

Yeah, I saw the similarities and thought the same! It's cheaper on eBay, even with shipping! Boxwave is not like Seidio, which design and manufacture most of their own products.