Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

64 85.33%
  • Not a chance

11 14.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I've had the W for about a week now and I left on the factory screen protector on it, but I cut off the tab so I don't look entirely dorky, however I got used to it knowing my screen is guarded. Anyone here use them regularly?
    Dr. Dennis
    Need your teeth pulled, PM me discounts for treo users
    the factory one doesn't work very well. after a while it will get really scratched up and the stylus doesn't drag well accross it. The ones available on this site are really excellent. For ~$15 you get 3. They last about a year each. They aren't easy to get on or off without bubbles or dust specs but if you get it on cleanly you won't need to fiddle with it for a long time. The stylus works well with and colors are great.

I'd keep the factory thing on until you are ready to put anpother on.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by xDennis View Post
    Anyone here use them regularly?
    I live by the screen protectors from BoxWave. They're anti-glare, and can be washed and reused, so it makes them worth the price. I think they're the same as the ones sold here on the TreoCentral store, so whichever one you go with, you'll be happy.
    The best ones I have used, and I've tried a lot of them, are Martin Fields.

www.martinfields.com
    This is the only screen protector I use.

Boxwave Cyrstal has been my choice for 2 years. . .

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...stal/index.htm
  7.    #7  
    Wow,
    Didnt expect 100% yes , W users are dedicated to their hardware! The boxwave looks nice, however I do like the idea of washable, how long does it last before it needs to be wash?
    Dr. Dennis
    Need your teeth pulled, PM me discounts for treo users
    Call me crazy and insane, but using a screen protector is like taking a shower in a raincoat.... um, maybe that doesn't fit here.
    Quote Originally Posted by xDennis View Post
    Wow,
    Didnt expect 100% yes , W users are dedicated to their hardware! The boxwave looks nice, however I do like the idea of washable, how long does it last before it needs to be wash?
    Never did wash it in two years -- I just used laptop safe monitor wipes -- as if it was just the screen . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Call me crazy and insane, but using a screen protector is like taking a shower in a raincoat.... um, maybe that doesn't fit here.
    Hi Hannip!

I hear ya, but the Crystal is very clear and looks very much like a screen with no protector to me. And if the protector gets scratched -- it is much easier to replace than the screen. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    The best ones I have used, and I've tried a lot of them, are Martin Fields.

www.martinfields.com
    I agree.
    yeah, I guess I should look around, but the screen protector I tried, which was like $15 if I recall, didn't completely cover the screen and it made it much harder to scroll and tap. And if you get a little bubble under it you are screwed. I could never have it completely bubble free. Dust would collect in the space between the protector and the uncovered area of the screen which was annoying. I have since never used a screen protector and I really don't think it is needed. The screen doesn't scratch and I get a new treo every 6 months so there just isn't enough wear on it to be noticeable.
    Best Skins Ever user here.

Put it on my screen as soon as I got it and now I don't even know it's there.

http://www.bestskinsever.com
    not a chance here. Personal preference, any screen protector blurs the image enough to bother me, particulary with smaller text. I'd rather take the risk and enjoy the view.
    I used the boxwave ones on my 6700 and they were nice. Plus they give you a pretty decent applicator pad to TRY to push out the air.

I just got the Palm Essentials Kit - money was a little tight so rather than buy a $40 case, $20 car charger, and THEN screen protectors, I jsut got their bundle. The case is eh.... and the protectors. Not good. They are very dull and the touchscreen function isn't as easy now with the stylus. Anyone know of the hack that changes the sensitivity of the touchscreen? I've seen it for other devices but I Don't know if a 700wx has that option in the registry.
    I have since never used a screen protector and I really don't think it is needed. The screen doesn't scratch and I get a new treo every 6 months so there just isn't enough wear on it to be noticeable.
    Just curious... how do you get a new Treo every 6 months? I want the plan you're on!
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy73 View Post
    Just curious... how do you get a new Treo every 6 months? I want the plan you're on!
    Ask codyppc, he'll explain it to you.

Treo's hold up in value. Just eBay the old one.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I use my treo naked (since seido's rubberized case kept breaking), so the only protection I have is the screen protecter. I use the crappy Palm ones that are a little sticky, so it's very scary when you remove one. Once it's on though, you don't notice it at all. When I replace one, I look at how dirty and scratched the old one is and I shudder to think what my screen woulda looked like without the protecter!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Ask codyppc, he'll explain it to you.

Treo's hold up in value. Just eBay the old one.
    I can't give a way my secrets. lol. and look who's talking. hannip got his wx like 4 months and has allready moved on to the 750.

anyhow, after scratching my blackberry a few years ago I have been a big fan of protection. I use it bestskinever for the none case feel but total protection. although I do not use the bestskinever screen protector part. I use the palm anti-glare screen protector. it is very durable and isn't that hard to remove. is is harder than most screen protectors so it goes on pretty easy. the trick I found is to install the protector in the bath room. sounds funny, but if I turn the shower on full hot to steam up the room, when I clean the screen there will be no little floating dust guys floating in the air. this gives me a better install.

I have not used the boxwave or martianshields. I like to just go down to the local compusa and buy them.
    im about to get a Treo 700wx. how important is protection? i don't want to destroy a $650 device, but i also don't want to waste time with screen protectors.

oh, and check out invisibleshield screen protectors. http://www.shieldzone.com/category/smartphones/

none for the Treos, but they have a submission thing where they will custom make a protector for whatever you want.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast