View Poll Results: Screen Protector

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

64 85.33%
  • Not a chance

11 14.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I bought the Seidio screen protector as it was bundled with a holster I wanted and it saved a few bucks. I can't really get excited about a screen protector like some of you, but it seems to work fine.

</always wear protection>
    Boxwave anti-glare...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    I use my treo naked....
    I think you have the wrong thread - there is another one about using the Treo in the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I can't give a way my secrets. lol. and look who's talking. hannip got his wx like 4 months and has allready moved on to the 750.
    um, I got my wx the day they went on sale so I had it for almost 5 months.
    I can't wait till the 755 comes out. Gonna buy it.
    I use the ultra clear protector from Brando workshop. It's awesome - very hard to tell the difference from the original screen. I love it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    im about to get a Treo 700wx. how important is protection? i don't want to destroy a $650 device, but i also don't want to waste time with screen protectors.

oh, and check out invisibleshield screen protectors. http://www.shieldzone.com/category/smartphones/

none for the Treos, but they have a submission thing where they will custom make a protector for whatever you want.

I'm with wyldstallyns258 a phone that retails at 600 dollars should have some type of protection I my self use the shieldzone as well not just for the screen but for the whole treo casing as well it may not protect it from being dropped but it will protect it from scratches plus it doesnt add any weight or thickness to it well hardly any.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I definitely swear by screen protectors as i've previously used them on phones and other devices. I carry mine bare, in my pocket and I'm on the go constantly. I'm currently using the palm screen protector that came with the 700wx, wheb it wears out I plan on getting a washable one. The 700 review on PPCThoughts goes into pros and cos of screen protector.

CLICK HERE

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Just ordered a pair of Martin Shields. I hate dust bunnies.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    I think you have the wrong thread - there is another one about using the Treo in the bathroom.
    LMFAO! Dude, I canceled my newspaper subscription the week after I got the 700W! Now I read all my news on the crapper with a Treo!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    how'd you get one for your treo? did you do the custom thing? or is it under a different category on the site? i've got one for my Creative Zen Vision:M. its great, but man, be careful when applying. my player looks like its got scratched on it but thats just the protector itself because i had to keep reapplying it because i would get like a hair under it or there would be a very hard to get out bubble. im all for protectors, i just wish there was some way to avoid the painful application process.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    how'd you get one for your treo? did you do the custom thing? or is it under a different category on the site? i've got one for my Creative Zen Vision:M. its great, but man, be careful when applying. my player looks like its got scratched on it but thats just the protector itself because i had to keep reapplying it because i would get like a hair under it or there would be a very hard to get out bubble. im all for protectors, i just wish there was some way to avoid the painful application process.
    Are you asking me? If so, here's the direct link.

http://www.overlayplus.com/US/produc...model=treo_650
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    im about to get a Treo 700wx. how important is protection? i don't want to destroy a $650 device, but i also don't want to waste time with screen protectors.

oh, and check out invisibleshield screen protectors. http://www.shieldzone.com/category/smartphones/

none for the Treos, but they have a submission thing where they will custom make a protector for whatever you want.
    Yes they do.

Its on the third page of Smartphones

http://www.shieldzone.com/cgi-bin/co...der_Type1.html
    i was talking to StealthyC but thanks for the link so i can compare.

i didn't even see that there were other pages on there, thats just sad.
    Hey I have the shield zone on my phone but I got mine at the mall at a kiosk cart you might want to see if your local major mall has a kiosk. Also the installed it on my treo for an extra five dollars the guy there said its better they do it then taking it home and doing it myself. I think for the full shield and installation was under 30 dollars.. One thing I can say I've had it on my phone for over six months and i have never had to replace the screen protector infact it looks good from the day I got it but on my phone. So the 30 dollar investment is well worth it.
    My Treo 700wx's factory protector is showing its age. I went to the Boxwave website and they have a 3 pack for the 700wx for $27.95 while a 3 pack for the 650 is only $18.95

I thought the different Treos had the same screen size or am I missing something?
    I bought a 3 pack for my 650 2 years ago -- only used one -- so number 2 of the 3 pack is now on my 700P.

Looks fine to me -- I don't know why I would spend the $9 extra . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.

Possible point made and countered here though on the 700w/wx models:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=40
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=43

However, the pricing for the 700P 3 pack is also $27.95 vs. the $18.95 for the 650 3 pack. As I said -- the #2 of 3 from my 650 Cyrstal 3 pack is on my 700P and I see no size problem.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/01/2007 at 08:10 AM.
    I no longer use a screen protector. And I no longer use a case. Used them both with my Treo 300 and 600.

So now I just keep it in my pocket- no problems with scratches and my egrips are just fine.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I got ones from palm which was around 20 bucks for 2 of them. Works great on both my phones.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    overlayplus.com BEST ever!
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    My Treo 700wx's factory protector is showing its age. I went to the Boxwave website and they have a 3 pack for the 700wx for $27.95 while a 3 pack for the 650 is only $18.95

I thought the different Treos had the same screen size or am I missing something?
    I thought the palm screens were larger than than the windows
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast