1.    #1  
    here's the deal. I am trying to find a way for the alarm to keep going off every 5 minutes or so without hitting snooze after it initially goes off. For instance, on my old 650, I was able to remind myself of an event, and if I was not around the phone when the reminder went off (or did not realize it went off because I did not feel it vibrate), it would keep reminding (beeping/buzzing) me every 5 minutes until I hit "clear' or "snooze." It gave you the option to keep going off for like 100 repeats or whatever you set it to. on my 750, if the alarm reminder goes off and I do not realize it went off, it does not keep reminding me every 5 minutes until I pay attention to it. In other words, if you miss the first alarm, that is the only time it will go off. I have it on "repeat" but that only makes it go off a few times within the minute. Obviously, if I am not around the phone for this minute or so, I will not get the reminder. I find myself missing an event because I did not realize it went off the one time. I know it gives you an option to snooze the device and remind you again later, but that is only if you realize it went off the first time, and then hit snooze, etc. But like I said, my problem is that it goes off and I don't realize it did, only later to find out (when I look at the phone) that I have missed an event. When I had my 650, I cannot tell you how many times I did not feel or hear it vibrate or beep the first or second time, but felt it on the third.
    Is there any way to make the 750 keep reminding me of an event until I actually pay atttention to the phone (i.e., reach down and hit dismiss or snooze)? I have played with this phone looking for this feature until I am blue in the face.
    thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jaredkobs; 01/31/2007 at 08:43 AM.
    YES... But unfortunately Microsoft still doesn't feel this should be incorporated into the OS - Plan STUPIDITY and VERY frustrating!!! Sometimes you have to wonder if Microsoft has a clue at all...

OK... You need to purchase 3rd Party software And the software I use is PhoneAlarm. Seems to work less buggy on the Treo750 then on my previous devices, but still be very aware this software is the MOST buggy software I have ever had the DIS-pleasure installing.

It's a necessity for my to have repeating SMS alarms (We use an enterprise TAP to SMS paging system at our Network Operations Center), without repeating alarms, big problems could go unchecked.

PhoneAlarm does the trick and is working very well on the Treo 750. Some minor bugs with the dismiss features (If dismissing from soft-keys, it sometimes doesn't dismiss the alarm in PhoneAlarm). Im sure its been very difficult for the developer to get this software completely compatible with all devices, he is doing his best. I do applaud him for that!

I designed a skin for phone alarm as well. See attached Screen Shot - Phone Alarm is the today plugin on top with Status and control for BT, GPRS, Missed Calls, Voicemail, Email, SMS. It can do more, but I try to keep to the basics with this software.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    YES... But unfortunately Microsoft still doesn't feel this should be incorporated into the OS - Plan STUPIDITY and VERY frustrating!!! Sometimes you have to wonder if Microsoft has a clue at all...

OK... You need to purchase 3rd Party software And the software I use is PhoneAlarm. Seems to work less buggy on the Treo750 then on my previous devices, but still be very aware this software is the MOST buggy software I have ever had the DIS-pleasure installing.

It's a necessity for my to have repeating SMS alarms (We use an enterprise TAP to SMS paging system at our Network Operations Center), without repeating alarms, big problems could go unchecked.

PhoneAlarm does the trick and is working very well on the Treo 750. Some minor bugs with the dismiss features (If dismissing from soft-keys, it sometimes doesn't dismiss the alarm in PhoneAlarm). Im sure its been very difficult for the developer to get this software completely compatible with all devices, he is doing his best. I do applaud him for that!

I designed a skin for phone alarm as well. See attached Screen Shot - Phone Alarm is the today plugin on top with Status and control for BT, GPRS, Missed Calls, Voicemail, Email, SMS. It can do more, but I try to keep to the basics with this software.
    thanks for the help! I may try this, but would first like to see if there is an alterate feature or software that is not buggy at all. You would think that this would be incorporated in the calendar because you do not always catch the alarm on the first reminder. Like I said, I have it set to "repeat," but the repeat consists of three repeats every 5 seconds after the initial alarm. In other words, I am reminded of an event for a whopping 20 seconds (1st reminder and 3 repeats every 5 seconds), but if I am not around the phone, there is no further reminder.
    I really do appreciate your help. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Interstink,
    Would you mind giving me some insight into how you configured your today screen. I Understand how to add and remove items using the settings on the phone. But how did you get the icons listed vertically on the left. I am also using Phone Alarm and Pocket Informant. I also like your Today Theme. How do I make mine look like yours? Very nice!
    PhoneAlarm: Yes buggy, but I have tried one other option/program and it was just awful. The today plugin of PhoneAlarm does has its benefits.

My Today screen consists of (Top to bottom).

0. hidelogo hack (Hides the cingular top line as well as search field. Still typing on today will show quick dial field).
    1. Phonealarm (Running my interstink.skin)
    2. Speed Dial (No picture contacts)
    3. SPB Diary (The tasks,contacts, calendar text)
    4. My Today Theme - Just colored a parchment image and created a them of it using MS Theme Builder. I will post it for you.
    Phonealarm does NOT work with calendar reminders, just FYI. I think that's what the OP is looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Phonealarm does NOT work with calendar reminders, just FYI. I think that's what the OP is looking for.
    Hmmm... I think you are right! Im going to look into some of the settings, I know my calendar alerts continue until I dismiss them, so maybe that is a function of WisBar Advanced.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks. I look forward to receiving the theme. I will check out sbp diary also.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalloway View Post
    Thanks. I look forward to receiving the theme. I will check out sbp diary also.
    Attached are two Themes I designed and use frequently.

HighFiber = The one you see above
    BlueGray = A nice background solid color.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The built-in alarm (clock settings) doesn't repeat but you know you could get repeating with a calendar alarm if you want.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The built-in alarm (clock settings) doesn't repeat but you know you could get repeating with a calendar alarm if you want.
    the calendar alarm/reminder is what i am trying to get to continuously repeat (for more than one reminder and 3 additional repeats) until I dismiss. I am not even fooling with the clock/alarm clock settings. Just the calendar reminders.
    thanks
    Mine repeats normally. I've had an issue on the Cingular 750 where alarms don't play at all. A soft reset fixes the problem at least for a while. If your alarms don't play at all this could be it. If they play but don't repeat then I don't know what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredkobs View Post
    the calendar alarm/reminder is what i am trying to get to continuously repeat (for more than one reminder and 3 additional repeats) until I dismiss. I am not even fooling with the clock/alarm clock settings. Just the calendar reminders.
    thanks
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    this might not be exactly what you are looking for, but spb's pocket plus has a feature called "enable repeating aarm support" that will repeat the alarm until you disable it. it has done the trick for me. there is a trial version for like 30 days.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Attached are two Themes I designed and use frequently.

HighFiber = The one you see above
    BlueGray = A nice background solid color.
    I'm using HighFiber as I write this. Thanks again.
    Is there anyway to keep treo alarm installed but get back the regular carrier banner?
    I think Pocket Informant has repeating alarms and more than one alarm notification for an event in the latest version.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have both Spb PocketPlus and Pocket Informant and I am unable to get repeated reminders. Very puzzling.