Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I am a major fan of bestskins ever. They are a godsend on my ipod and have been on previous Treos.

My problem now is that I love the rubberized paint on the 750. I applied a bestskinsever to the battery case and the mat finish becomes shiny in appearance. Nice, if that's your thing, but not for me.

Has anyone had any experience with scratches on their 750?
    No scratches yet... But you dont even know how many times I've resisted the urge to dig a nail into the back to see if it would.

The Treo Paint job seems like it is easily scratch-able, but mine has'nt yet. Anyone want to go to a Cingular store and try to destroy one? It's not something I could bring myself to do, but if you "can do it", report back!
    I looked closely at my 750 and I found a little nick/scratch in the front upper left corner. I never dropped it before. Might of came that way. I really need to look closely as its hard to see with the soft touch paint and location.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    It'll scratch. Trust me. I bought Seidio's new holster for the 750 and twice in the first day I brushed up against something that allowed the Treo to pop out and land on the pavement. It's two weeks old and there are scratches or gouges on every corner, front and back. One of them was bad enough I had to take a file to remove the burr.

Anyone know where I could get some touchup paint?

Side note: I put the new holster in the closet and went back to using a velcro pouch. Not as nice but more secure.
    I've been reviewing Seidio's Hybrid Super Slim case which has a similar soft touch paint. I haven't intentionally dropped it or anything, but I did scratch at it with my fingernail. it didn't scratch anything off.

I use the case in conjunction with the Seidio holster for skinned devices and the combo works great. light, functiopnal, and protected. you can read my initial review here on TC. I'll update with an actual review this weekend probably.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    It'll scratch. Trust me. I bought Seidio's new holster for the 750 and twice in the first day I brushed up against something that allowed the Treo to pop out and land on the pavement. It's two weeks old and there are scratches or gouges on every corner, front and back. One of them was bad enough I had to take a file to remove the burr.

Anyone know where I could get some touchup paint?

Side note: I put the new holster in the closet and went back to using a velcro pouch. Not as nice but more secure.

which Seidio holster is that that you got??? It shouldnt "pop out"

great. here we go. and I ordered their ruberized combo holster
    Quote Originally Posted by dpixel8 View Post
    which Seidio holster is that that you got??? It shouldnt "pop out"

great. here we go. and I ordered their ruberized combo holster
    Yeah, I am telling 'ya, this clip doesn't have enough tension in it. One little bump...and there goes the Treo!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Yeah, I am telling 'ya, this clip doesn't have enough tension in it. One little bump...and there goes the Treo!

you have one toO?? wtf
    Any good war stories with dropping the 750? What condition are your 750's in since you bought them?
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    I am a major fan of bestskins ever. They are a godsend on my ipod and have been on previous Treos.

My problem now is that I love the rubberized paint on the 750. I applied a bestskinsever to the battery case and the mat finish becomes shiny in appearance. Nice, if that's your thing, but not for me.

Has anyone had any experience with scratches on their 750?
    Did you use a 680 skin because i have not found a 750 skin from bestskinsever.
    Mines is still in perfect condition, no scratches what so ever it in a case when not in use, and its fallen once once but in carpet. im sure as time passes by normal wear and tear will occur.
    I agree with how good the BestSkinsEver are, but not sure if they would really work with the soft touch paint on the 750. I typically keep my 750 caseless, but every once in a while I may use a case. I guess it depends on where I am going. No drops thus far...knock on wood.
    Brian McGuire
    That's the one thing I don't like about the plastic/paint of the 750. It feels too soft like it'll nick easily. I never worried about this with my 650, or my blackberry which has a hard plastic case. But the 750 is so soft. I put it in a "rubber skin" to protect it.... I'm paranoid.
    The day I take it out of the skin my wife will somehow accidentally fling it out of my hand in to a parking lot. She's 2 for 3 now
    I'm using boxwave's skin. But I'm looking for a thinner skin. I saw a review on another one that appears to be thinner that I might try.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    That's the one thing I don't like about the plastic/paint of the 750. It feels too soft like it'll nick easily. I never worried about this with my 650, or my blackberry which has a hard plastic case. But the 750 is so soft. I put it in a "rubber skin" to protect it.... I'm paranoid.
    The day I take it out of the skin my wife will somehow accidentally fling it out of my hand in to a parking lot. She's 2 for 3 now
    I'm using boxwave's skin. But I'm looking for a thinner skin. I saw a review on another one that appears to be thinner that I might try.
    I agree with the soft paint. I love the way it feels, but Its a little too soft. I was swapping the battery out and as I was putting the battery back into the Treo I hit the back side of the Treo with the battery and it left a very minor nick in the finish. This would of not happened with the non-soft paint finish. I rather carry the Treo without a case, but when I do use one its either the rubber skin (Smartphone Experts flavor, very thin) or the Seido Rubberized/Clear hybrid case. I'm a little bummed about the nick, but I can't treat this stuff like gold. I get crazy with this stuff
    Last edited by brmcguire; 04/07/2007 at 08:19 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Note that the Seidio case you refer to is "rubberized", not rubber. It is hard plastic with a rubberized paint (similar to the paint on the Treo itself.)
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Note that the Seidio case you refer to is "rubberized", not rubber. It is hard plastic with a rubberized paint (similar to the paint on the Treo itself.)
    I figured as much There is even imperfections on the sides that show the clear plastic.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I haven't had any issues with scratching yet but I have only had the phone for a week or so. I previously had the Nokia e62 & HTC 8125/8525 and both of those phones scratched in my pocket very easily, even more so then the Treo.

I haven't dropped it yet and I am scared to.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity