1.    #1  
    I'm trying to use my 700w with the bluetooth handsfree feature that comes with the Toyota Camry Solara, but it's very flaky. The connection comes and goes at random. Restarting the phone seems to help, but that's obviously not good enough. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any ideas of what I could try?
    Try an American car next time.
    I just bought a Prius myself with a hands free kit. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Will report back when I have given it a go.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  4.    #4  
    Maybe I should try a Japanese phone next time...so far the car's working better than the phone ever has.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgester View Post
    Maybe I should try a Japanese phone next time...so far the car's working better than the phone ever has.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    True, seems I can always use my phone (700W) to call a tow truck when my Chevy breaks down!! haha
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    do American cars come with Bluetooth kits?

Seriously, the Toyota kit and Treos seem a little rough at times. Ask your dealer to ensure the kit has been flashed with the latest Bluetooth firmware. If the connection is still not reliable, send an email to Palm support about it, as they made need to update the bluetooth radio in the Treo. My 680 works better with bluetooth than the 650 did, but I haven't had a chance to test it with different car kits yet, just the Nuvi, Parrot and Ericsson kits.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by georgester View Post
    I'm trying to use my 700w with the bluetooth handsfree feature that comes with the Toyota Camry Solara, but it's very flaky. The connection comes and goes at random. Restarting the phone seems to help, but that's obviously not good enough. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any ideas of what I could try?
    Well mine is working very well so far after a week. Connects immediatrly after I start car and stays connected. No problems hearing on either end.

It is a brand new 2007 Prius, so maybe it is a later firmware BT update? Haven't figured how to transfer the phonebook yet, though (so I can use Toyota speech command to dial contacts).
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Must be that "perception of quality" Toyota buyers have been brainwashed with. It might start working if you believe it should.
    The 700wx isnt even listed as compatible in my car (07 Infiniti G35x) but according to early user feedback, it sounds like the Treo works better and more reliably than half the phones that are "certified" to use on the system.
    I have a 2004 Prius and bluetooth was working on my Sprint Treo 650. I just got the Sprint Treo 700wx and the phone pairs with the car. However, after a couple of minutes into the drive, the connection is lost and I cannot re-establish the connection.

Any ideas? I "upgraded" to hannip's ad2p stack and same issues before and after (yes I deleted the old pairings and retried).

Does anyone have this working??

Thanks for your help in advance.
    For all those wondering about Bluetooth problems, here is my 2 cents worth of experience: 700W, Verizon, Toyota Camry Hybrid w/o Nav. Pairs just fine. Sound quality great. Phonebook transfers one contact at a time (pain but se la vie...) In any case, it works for any of you in doubt. I like it, and I like it a lot!

Mark Treo
    "the early bird catches the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese."