1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I just purchased the 700wx & I see there is an option to sign up for a goodlink account. I have had mail2web for the past 8 months & I'm wondering which service would be more reliable? The downside with mail2web is that I can only assign 1 primary email address to be sent from which really limits me since I have (3) email accounts & don't want to reply to a business email sent FROM a personal email address.Just need to know the pro's & con's. Thanks
    GoodStink SUX! I have a corporate issued Treo that has GoodStink installed, the only positive of it is the push email for exchange... other than that I do not like it... the program is bulky and cumbersome, you can't configure it the way you want to configure it. Contacts are "good" contacts and not the ppc contacts which causes a problem if you're sending email from pOutlook since GoodContacts doesn't link to pOutlook (not that I've found at least, I even looked at my registry on the Treo to see if I could find a way to tweak a setting) If you use Voice Command software, it doesn't look at the GoodContacts... These are just some of the things that I don't like, I'm not a fan that's for sure... I just have pOutlook configured for my gmail account for personal email and use GoodStink email for exchange/business email.
    Definitely use the trial before making a judgment... Again this is all my opinion... oh yeah and my co-workers hate it too!! HA HA
    mail2web.

You can set up your non-vital accounts as POP accounts (do you really need 3 accounts to have push??). For $1.99 you can have mail2web display your business email address instead of a personal one.
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    mail2web.

You can set up your non-vital accounts as POP accounts (do you really need 3 accounts to have push??). For $1.99 you can have mail2web display your business email address instead of a personal one.
    Thanks Kaiguy,but is there any way to have be able to reply from the email address in which you received an email per account?
    For mail2web, the $1.99 plan can display whatever email address you want. But you can only have 1 Exchange account on the Treo.

For the POP accounts, it will display whatever the account is (not sure if you can set it up to pull email off one account but display another name).

So if you have 1 mail2web account (for your work email address, for instance) and 2 POP accounts (displaying their specific email addresses), that's a total of 3 specific email accounts on your device.

I hope I answered what you were asking

Edited: If you wanted to forward all of your accounts to a mail2web account, you can't have it be reply specific. It will be whatever you set your mail2web account to display.
    Goodlionk is also known to have some issues with the Palm-made customizations. especially with the contacts that elephant mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Goodlionk is also known to have some issues with the Palm-made customizations. especially with the contacts that elephant mentioned.
    Please explain. I don't think that I have a customization that has anything to do with GoodLink. Unless you're talking about me having two separate contact lists on my 700wx. So far, running like this for three weeks, I haven't had any problems. Do you think that I'm heading for disaster?