Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    I noticed that it mentions MMS in hotrod's description. I wonder if they are using the same app on the 700w, or if they will incorporate threades sms/mms.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  2.    #142  
    if you dont have to buy it thought you are doing good but I hear what you are saying
    ok now that it is really coming to verizon(finally) how can I get it upgraded without paying.....hmmmm... any thoughts anyone.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    call n complain... call n complain.... tell them u lost it ;x or its droppping calls and that uve been waiting for this model, its of equal value to the phone u have currently, pay 50 bux and get a wx haha
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    ok now that it is really coming to verizon(finally) how can I get it upgraded without paying.....hmmmm... any thoughts anyone.
    Like someone said, people are still getting 600s replaced..with 600s, via Verizon. I would keep my expectations low. However, this is encouraging:

Quote Originally Posted by hofo
    I just ordered an insurance replacement for my dead 700w (keyboard half dead). The Asurion rep said the 700w is "out of stock", and doesn't have any idea when replacements will arrive. He also said it is very odd - he's never seen this model be out of stock. He also said if they don't have any in a week or so, they would offer a "comparable model". Could it be the wx?
    And also:
    ..our store has been out for two weeks [of the 700wx] and refused to order more. What's more last week we weren't able to order more for customers that WANTED to buy them. We made some calls and found out that as of the 20th we will be able to be restocked witth wx's.
    So.. perhaps in a couple of weeks your 700w will 'malfunction'.. your best bet would probably be to walk to a Verizon store and try to get it replaced on the spot.
    gee what do u guys know my treo is starting to go on the fritz now must be a sign.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    is it just me - or does the picture of the 700wx look almost black?! I hope so! Black Treo's look great.. I loved the look of the black Treo 600 that Sprint offered..
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    if i recall right, corporate verizon stores will not swap out pocket pcs and smartphones on the spot, you are forced to call in to get a replacement i might be wrong. in the case of everyone with a w wanting a wx, im perty sure you will have to go through the insurance program, and try to hustle them there
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I'm glad it's out for Verizon users...

Now who was it that said it wasn't coming a coupl of weeks ago?
    You are right, the stores will not even service or answer questions on PDAs/Smartphones. I thought the radio on my Treo was on the fritz and they wouldn't even test it for me. You have to call in to get a replacement.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    is it just me - or does the picture of the 700wx look almost black?! I hope so! Black Treo's look great.. I loved the look of the black Treo 600 that Sprint offered..
    It appears black to me as well - NICE!!!!!!!!!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  12.    #152  
    I will drool all over myself if that bad lad is black
    Quote Originally Posted by synched View Post
    Our rep hasn't given us a date but he does expect it to be fairly soon. Here's a response he sent me earlier this week.

"The WX was suppose to be released last week but we wanted to do some last minute testing. I was told on Friday[2/9/07] that we would be getting a shipment this week. I am not sure of the day so it is a little vague right now."

I'm hoping that means by the 20th.
    Guys, I know everyone really wants the wx to come out but this is wishfull thinking and its a great example of reps being idiots who parrot whatever they are told. If the WX was set for iminent launch, that would mean its throughout VZW's distribution channels. So to say that on a whim VZW just wanted to do some last minute testing is idiotic. Its past the testing phase if the 20th is ever remotely true. In all honesty, testing would have had to be completed months ago if the new treo is actually going to market.

I actually hope VZW DOES NOT come out with the wx. I want crossbow, a better form factor and blue tooth voice dialing and stereo headset support. The WX is last years model. I dont get why everyone is so pumped to get a phone that is allready outdated. I guess its more of a testimony of how horrific the W is. And as a past owner, I concur.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Guys, I know everyone really wants the wx to come out but this is wishfull thinking and its a great example of reps being idiots who parrot whatever they are told. If the WX was set for iminent launch, that would mean its throughout VZW's distribution channels. So to say that on a whim VZW just wanted to do some last minute testing is idiotic. Its past the testing phase if the 20th is ever remotely true. In all honesty, testing would have had to be completed months ago if the new treo is actually going to market.

I actually hope VZW DOES NOT come out with the wx. I want crossbow, a better form factor and blue tooth voice dialing and stereo headset support. The WX is last years model. I dont get why everyone is so pumped to get a phone that is allready outdated. I guess its more of a testimony of how horrific the W is. And as a past owner, I concur.
    HUH
    Go Bucks!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verks View Post
    HUH
    Pay no attention to NYC_rock ...almost all of his posts bash the 700W as well as VZW. He doesn't even realize that the WX IS on the Testman site which means it will be released.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    well its last years model for sprint.... we are all on verizon which makes it THIS YEARS model. So if we had to settle with the 700w which is very sluggish at times... then you get a WX which is blazing fast compared to the w.... everyone will be happy. I personally cant wait, and if it is black? people are gonna be like WTF IS THAT? and i can say WX biotches
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    well its last years model for sprint.... we are all on verizon which makes it THIS YEARS model. So if we had to settle with the 700w which is very sluggish at times... then you get a WX which is blazing fast compared to the w.... everyone will be happy. I personally cant wait, and if it is black? people are gonna be like WTF IS THAT? and i can say WX biotches
    +1
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    . I personally cant wait, and if it is black? people are gonna be like WTF IS THAT? and i can say WX biotches

ROFL!!!!!!!! Screw it I'm whipping out the AMEX and buying the WX.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Pay no attention to NYC_rock ...almost all of his posts bash the 700W as well as VZW. He doesn't even realize that the WX IS on the Testman site which means it will be released.
    And I dont bash verizon and the 700w is horrible. If they are testing it at the moment, how can be ready to be released? What happens if there is an issue with it? Do they recall all the 700wx's? Its common sense, thats all.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    When its posted on testman, its basically a virtual test of them releasing the product ONLINE. There is nothing more to be tested... the product was running on sprint for quite a long time. Since it is on testman... like other phones in the past it will be released shortly. Rebate forms + testman = the phone is being released in the month of FEB.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast