Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Ok,

My rep confirmed the 20th release date... no prices or rebates known yet.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Mine said that he thought it would be along the same price as the w.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Mine said that he thought it would be along the same price as the w.
    How will it be distributed? Will Verizon simply send the 700WX instead of the 700W or will they market the WX as a new phone?

Also, if it is coming out Next Tuesday we should see it on the testman website by the end of the week.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    All I know is that I am having my rep order one for me as soon as they come out. It is suppose to have a new firmware update but they don't have any info on which firmware that is. They said I would need to contact Palm for more info on the device since that is all they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    Also, if it is coming out Next Tuesday we should see it on the testman website by the end of the week.
    What is the testman website?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    http://testman.verizonwireless.com

Verizon posts new phones on their test site a few weeks or days before they are launched.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    http://testman.verizonwireless.com

Verizon posts new phones on their test site a few weeks or days before they are launched.
    It acts like their regular website.
    Yeah that what I was thinking I did not see any new phones or anything.
    I just got a new 700w and then saw all these reports of the 700wx coming out. I had our company Office Services Manager call Verizon and report back to me that they checked with the account rep, customer service, and Verizon data/technical services and received the same answer from all of them, to wit: there is no Verizon Treo700wx out yet nor is it expected to be released, if at all, anytime soon. My 15 days is up on Tuesday, but it looks like I am stuck with the 700w. Ah. Internet rumors. Bah, humbug!
    Maybe a rumor, maybe not. Reps are often unaware of new phones even when they are currently out regardless of the carrier (Cingular, Sprint, Verizon).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I talked directly to our Verizon rep yesterday and also to my Palm rep and they both confirmed that Verizon is releasing the WX on the 20th...
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Will it be released as a new phone or will they simply start shipping the 700wx instead of the 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    there is no Verizon Treo700wx out yet nor is it expected to be released, if at all, anytime soon.
    Not a big surprise. I'm sure it's their policy to know nothing.

It's only five days to see if the rumor is true. I'd take the 700w back or talk to the manager of the store to set expectations.

The memory problem on the 700w is real. If you are a moderate to heavy PDA user it's not trivial.

trio
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    WX is not on TestMan website so the 20th looks like BS.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    WX is not on TestMan website so the 20th looks like BS.
    I agree... I'll be shocked to see it on the 20th.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well I will just have to wait and see. I can't imagine this many reps giving the same day and it not being true.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Well I will just have to wait and see. I can't imagine this many reps giving the same day and it not being true.
    I hope you and they are right...I'll be 1st in line to buy the WX.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'd be in line right away too.
    Our rep hasn't given us a date but he does expect it to be fairly soon. Here's a response he sent me earlier this week.

"The WX was suppose to be released last week but we wanted to do some last minute testing. I was told on Friday[2/9/07] that we would be getting a shipment this week. I am not sure of the day so it is a little vague right now."

I'm hoping that means by the 20th.
    I wonder if Verizon does carry the WX, will it ship with WM5 or WM6? If it ships with WM5, I may hold off to see what Palm has in store as far as WM6 goes...
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast