Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Malatesta knows what he is talking about when it comes to WM. Based on his experience, I would believe him on this one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    You OPINION is noted. guess we will see next week.
    While I'd love it if the new wx had WM6.0, it just is not going to happen, in my OPINION. I think we will be lucky to get anything higher than AKU 2.3. Even the phones that will be announced next week as WM6.0 will not be out for at least a couple months.

In terms of realistic hopes, here is what I am hoping for:

- 64MB RAM (presumably this IS guaranteed, as that is sorta that whole definition of the WX vs thw W)

- AKU update of 2.3 or 2.4. At least we could change folders without the stylus (Yes, I do know about and use Hannip's script). Anything higher is unlikely as the Treo 750 only has 2.4 on it. Remember, this is not HTC we are talking about, it is Palm.

- Threaded SMS (a reasonable hope, as it is on the 750 and has been hacked to the 700w/wx)

- AD2P (This is the thing I'm really praying for. Maybe wishful thinking, but again, it is on the 750, and Verizon may have insisted on SOME extra features to 1) set it above the current 700w and 2) Make up for Sprint getting the 700wx first.

Look, I hope more than anyone that I'm totally wrong, and that Palm and VZW have been secretly working on a 700wx with WM 6.0, a 3 MP camera, BT 2.0, GPS receiver, Wi-FI, and a built in can opener. However, my experiences with Palm, Verizon, and PDA phone history in general, all tell me that the above is the MOST we can realisitcally hope for...and it could easily be less!
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    1) set it above the current 700w and 2) Make up for Sprint getting the 700wx first.
    I really really like that philosophy. They have to offer SOMETHING new to convince customers to upgrade. More RAM probably isn't enough.

This philosophy, however, makes me wonder if Verizon will sell the wx at all, or wait for the new 750-styled device.

Better chance of seeing the wx with a ROM update, and a Sprint update to follow shortly thereafter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    This philosophy, however, makes me wonder if Verizon will sell the wx at all, or wait for the new 750-styled device.
    The WX is coming to VZW guaranteed.
    Re: Crossbow/Treo700wx (verizon) possibility

Well, Bubbatex just posted this in the other forum (750) from Engadget:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-mobile-in-q2/

Based on information from Microsoft officials, the latest version of Windows Mobile will be given first to T-Mobile here in the U.S. before any other wireless carriers get their official mitts on it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Re: Crossbow/Treo700wx (verizon) possibility

Well, Bubbatex just posted this in the other forum (750) from Engadget:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-mobile-in-q2/
    My favorite part about this article is at the end "After all, there are "ten thousand" changes in WM6 from WM5 according to Microsoft. " 10000 is a lot of changes. Can someone in here just tell me what 500 changes are.

Now if the wx is slated to roll out on friday how can I get verizon to upgrade my phone without paying them?
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I visited a verizon store today asking about the wx, and they acted like they didnt know what i was talking about, but they did want to tell me that a 750 was upcoming with mobile 6 but not for a couple of months...typical verizon talk!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Nothing new on Verizon's site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    I visited a verizon store today asking about the wx, and they acted like they didnt know what i was talking about, but they did want to tell me that a 750 was upcoming with mobile 6 but not for a couple of months...typical verizon talk!

I routinely go to verizon stores and educate thier workers on thier own phones. Like the one guy who told me that the black jack and Q, although made by two different companies, are the same exact phone. Or that the wx on Sprint is superior to the W on verizon. Moral of the story, workers at verizon stores are clerks, that is all.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well...I emailed my Verizon rep so hopefully i will hear back from him soon.
    someone over on HOFO just said they were told by their rep that the WX is available today and they already purchased one!!!

"FYI.... We got word from our vzw rep at my company that the 700wx are available and purchased ours today."
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I routinely go to verizon stores and educate thier workers on thier own phones. Like the one guy who told me that the black jack and Q, although made by two different companies, are the same exact phone. Or that the wx on Sprint is superior to the W on verizon. Moral of the story, workers at verizon stores are clerks, that is all.
    This is SOOOO true. Probably anyone who regularly reads this forum know significantly more about Verizon's PDA phones than their reps do.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    First post, but have been lurking some time. Same boat as many of you... new every 2 is good today, but no phone to buy. 700w out of stock in philly, told to call corporate to order. did that and they are out of stock as well. Was then told that they don't plan to get the 700w back in stock. Did confirm as we all know that the 700wx is coming, but not yet and they have no date for the release. Also told that business and general public would get it the same time. I was not speaking to the general clerk/rep, but to a data guy. So I'm not sure how "others" have received the wx today.
    Typical Verizon. Called a store, clerk told me that after valentines day the wx will be available to sell. Called customer service, they never even heard of the wx.

What a company.
  15.    #75  
    Just confirmed with my Rep, it is out today, as a ship only item that is sold via the 700w option....not sure what that means, but it is out!!!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    Just confirmed with my Rep, it is out today, as a ship only item that is sold via the 700w option....not sure what that means, but it is out!!!
    Do you have a corp account or do you have a consumer account? I called my local Verizon rep and he was clueless about the WX.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    This isfunny. I am Orlando and my Corp Rep gave me the date of 2/20/2007 as the launch date. I just emailed him back about the cost and when we could preorder or order one.
    Anyone think they will continue to simply call it the 700w and pretend there is no difference?
    I just heard from my rep as well. He said that they will be releasing it but doesn't have an "official" date. Said that it will definitely be in the next month... interesting...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You have to find it funny that all reps are giving different answers.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast