Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm in the same situation as you... I've been waiting since November. I'm really disappointed that the WX hasn't come out but I still refuse to buy the 700w. We'll see what happens. Whatver phone comes out first: the 700WX, 6800 or the i760 will be the phone I get. I'm tired of playing the waiting game.
    Two things today:

Sorry for the double post but I just talked with my companies verizon business rep and placed my order for the 700wx. Said that they will/should be getting them in this Friday and will shipping them out to customers as early as then or more than likely the following Monday. FER SHIZZLE....

TLK OUT
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/605167-post102.html

And

it will be out soon. the 700w is no longer in stock and they are replacing it with the wx this week. that is what my rep told me today
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_f...811&fi=1007104
    When I see i'll believe it I was already let down in dec and end of january so if its out friday then cool if not then I will not be suprised.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    The 700WX is not on the testman site so I'd be surprised to see it tomorrow.
    From what I have heard, they are loading crossbow on the WX... If this is true, they can't release the WX until crossbow has been officially released (next week)...
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy73 View Post
    From what I have heard, they are loading crossbow on the WX... If this is true, they can't release the WX until crossbow has been officially released (next week)...
    Where did you hear that from?
    I don't even remember... I did just talk to my rep and he hasn't heard anything about it - so I am probably wrong... Palm is releasing a major patch for the 700W in around 6 weeks, though, which I have heard directly from Palm and from Verizon...
    I don't even remember... I did just talk to my rep and he hasn't heard anything about it - so I am probably wrong... Palm is releasing a major patch for the 700W in around 6 weeks, though, which I have heard directly from Palm and from Verizon...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnboy View Post
    The 700WX is not on the testman site so I'd be surprised to see it tomorrow.

Hey fella how reliable are these rumors I just don't want to get my hopes up. It would make sense for it to be released with crossbow (which makes sense why they are haveing trouble with the wx the other rumor). Also it would make sense for verizon as well it would give them a little more reason to try to bring back customers they lost to the wx model. Curios as to what the update would be for the w model as stated above "major patch" does this mean crossbow, bluetooth stereo support, threaded sms messaging can someone shed some light on this please.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    that meshes with this comment from Hofo:

no word on the WX, the last rumor I heard was that they were putting crossbow on it... crossbow's launch is Feb. 14(rumored) so that should be the earliest you see it(would also explain why there have been rumors of trouble with the verizon WX. those never made sense when sprint has the WX already. switching to crossbow could explain the troubles)
    Now that I think about it, crossbow is just about the only explanation that can really justify for the delay, the w series was solid so there shouldn't have been any problems. Taking it with a grain of salt, but this is interesting.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 02/08/2007 at 11:19 AM.
    http://www.phonescoop.com/

Says a bunch of new devices will be annoucned next week along with the official release of WM 6.

Dollars to doughnuts the WX will be running the new OS. Makes perfect sense. If it doesnt have blue tooth voice dialing and support for bluetooth stereo headsets it will be a major disapointment.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    so people who had sprint lucked out with getting the wx first... now verizon people will luckout by getting wm6 OEM with their wx isnt that pimp haha
    The patch rumor isn't a rumor at all... it is fact. As far as what will be addressed with the patch is not yet known. From what I was told by our account rep several months ago, the patch should add tethering functionality. It also appears that the patch for the 700w will be the same as what will be released on the 700wx...
    Hopefully this patch will also enable SDHC compatibility
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    http://www.phonescoop.com/

Says a bunch of new devices will be annoucned next week along with the official release of WM 6.

Dollars to doughnuts the WX will be running the new OS. Makes perfect sense. If it doesnt have blue tooth voice dialing and support for bluetooth stereo headsets it will be a major disapointment.
    Dollars to doughnuts the WX won't be running the "new" OS.

I posted HERE (and a post below that) as to why.

Palm would have to be 3-4 months after everyone else since they do engineering level changes to the OS that no one else does (not HTC, not Moto, not Samsung; they are the only ones who work that tightly with MS).

You might have a later AKU (3.x?) which would have been worked on for the last 6 months, but not Crossbow which just went RTM recently. Oh, devices will be announced next week (Samsung i760, HTC Vox, etc.) but you won't see Palm on that list--at least not the 700wx.

Any delays with Verizon could be bureaucratic, supply, carrier approval, or maybe Sprint had a 6 month exclusive? Who knows.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Dollars to doughnuts the WX won't be running the "new" OS.

I posted HERE (and a post below that) as to why.

Palm would have to be 3-4 months after everyone else since they do engineering level changes to the OS that no one else does (not HTC, not Moto, not Samsung; they are the only ones who work that tightly with MS).

You might have a later AKU (3.x?) which would have been worked on for the last 6 months, but not Crossbow which just went RTM recently. Oh, devices will be announced next week (Samsung i760, HTC Vox, etc.) but you won't see Palm on that list--at least not the 700wx.
    You OPINION is noted. guess we will see next week.
    I can also confirm the 700wx WILL be coming to Verizon soon. The VZW store I stopped at this morning said they will be getting them in on Friday.

And

My VZW rep for my business account said that she would have them on Monday.

So it is definitely NOW.

No words on price or OS. But I'm with Malatesta....I doubt it will be Crossbow. One could hope, but I'm not counting on it.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So the question becomes will you guys buy the 700wx if it has Windows Mobile 5 or will you wait for a WM6 device. I don't think it's going to have WM6 and I bet the delay was because of the AKU update.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    You OPINION is noted. guess we will see next week.
    Well, my opinion is better than rampant speculation

Don't forget, the Treo 700w launched on Verizon in Jan 2006 running WM 5.0.2 that is...pre-AKU 2.0 (no MSFP) and launched a full 3 months later than the Sprint 6700, which ended up getting AKU 2.x in March. Treo 700w got the AKU 2.x in April.

The 700wx didn't even get an AKU update when it came out in October.

Sept 2005: Sprint 6700 AKU 1.x
    Jan 2006: Verizon 700w AKU 1.x

March 2006: 6700 AKU 2.1/2.2
    April 2006: 700w AKU 2.2.1

October 2006: 700wx (no AKU update)
    Nov 2006: 750 with AKU 2.4 (latest out at the time is AKU 3.3)

See the pattern? Palm is not known for being at the cutting edge of new technologies or new OS's.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 02/08/2007 at 02:42 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    I can also confirm the 700wx WILL be coming to Verizon soon. The VZW store I stopped at this morning said they will be getting them in on Friday.

And

My VZW rep for my business account said that she would have them on Monday.

So it is definitely NOW.

No words on price or OS. But I'm with Malatesta....I doubt it will be Crossbow. One could hope, but I'm not counting on it.
    What area do you live in?
    Kansas
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast