Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Where did you get the idea that bt voice dialing is now possible on the wx?
    You have to buy Microsoft Voice command for pocket pc. I did it on my xv6700 and worked perfectly.
    ok since we have a plan already with verizon.. and cant get the 2 year contract plan price... will verizon give us a discount if we ready own the 700p/w for verizon..? to trade in for the wx and pay the difference? or any discount at that
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Obzoleet View Post
    ok since we have a plan already with verizon.. and cant get the 2 year contract plan price... will verizon give us a discount if we ready own the 700p/w for verizon..? to trade in for the wx and pay the difference? or any discount at that
    dont count on it. If your not eligable it will be full price. Expect around 600.
    Verizon's WX had better have bluetooth stereo headset support.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    You have to buy Microsoft Voice command for pocket pc. I did it on my xv6700 and worked perfectly.
    viocecommand 1.6 does do bluetooth dialing on almost all windows mobile 5.0 devices except the treo 700wx. trust me, if it were possible it would be a skicky for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    viocecommand 1.6 does do bluetooth dialing on almost all windows mobile 5.0 devices except the treo 700wx. trust me, if it were possible it would be a skicky for sure.
    LOL, your kidding? How can the 700wx be exempt?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    a belated congrats to brvheart, this thread made it onto Engadget yesterday:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/31/v...get-treo-700wx

I guess I'll try to keep my hopes up, this poster at Hofo says that the 700wx might never get released due to "major problems". That makes no sense..
    Sweet, thanks for the congrats

Lets just hope that Verizon follows through for us
    Verizon's WX had better have bluetooth stereo headset support.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. I wouldn't have switched to a 750 if I had any clue that the wx would be getting a2dp support anytime soon. We've been trying for almost a year now to get it working without skipping, but no luck so far. I still have one idea left. Not sure when I'll get to it though.

So if I were you I'd assume no a2dp support and no bt voice command dialing.
    LOL, your kidding? How can the 700wx be exempt?
    It has been explained as a hardware issue. I've entirely replaced the bluetooth stack on the 700wx with the 750's and it still didn't work. How else can you explain it?

The JETware developer has this on his FAQ page:
    "Q: Why can’t I get the “Voice dialing” option to work on my Treo 700w? I installed Voice Command but it still uses the Treo microphone and speaker for Voice Command.

A: The Bluetooth hardware in the Treo 700w is wired directly into the cellular radio hardware such that audio from the Bluetooth hands-free device microphone goes directly to the cellular radio, and only the cellular radio can provide audio to the Bluetooth hands-free device speaker. This does not allow the Bluetooth audio connection to be established prior to a phone call to take audio input from the Bluetooth microphone for a voice-dial application on the phone to interpret.
    We have, however, had customers report that the microphone sensitivity on the Treo allows the Treo to be placed on the dashboard, for example, and with the addition of voice software such as Microsoft Voice Command, perform voice dialing initiated by pressing the voice-dial button on the Bluetooth hands-free device (but with the voice input going from the Treo microphone to Voice Command, and Voice Command responses come through the Treo speaker."

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/FAQ.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It has been explained as a hardware issue. I've entirely replaced the bluetooth stack on the 700wx with the 750's and it still didn't work. How else can you explain it?

The JETware developer has this on his FAQ page:
    "Q: Why can’t I get the “Voice dialing” option to work on my Treo 700w? I installed Voice Command but it still uses the Treo microphone and speaker for Voice Command.

A: The Bluetooth hardware in the Treo 700w is wired directly into the cellular radio hardware such that audio from the Bluetooth hands-free device microphone goes directly to the cellular radio, and only the cellular radio can provide audio to the Bluetooth hands-free device speaker. This does not allow the Bluetooth audio connection to be established prior to a phone call to take audio input from the Bluetooth microphone for a voice-dial application on the phone to interpret.
    We have, however, had customers report that the microphone sensitivity on the Treo allows the Treo to be placed on the dashboard, for example, and with the addition of voice software such as Microsoft Voice Command, perform voice dialing initiated by pressing the voice-dial button on the Bluetooth hands-free device (but with the voice input going from the Treo microphone to Voice Command, and Voice Command responses come through the Treo speaker."

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/FAQ.htm

Thank you. So no bluetooth dialing and no bluetooth stereo support? Guess Im sticking with the Q.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    700W back to out of stock in Toledo. WTF

WCK
    So lets say my Treo stops working and needs a replacement in March after the 700wx comes out, will my replacement phone be a 700wx or w?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    So lets say my Treo stops working and needs a replacement in March after the 700wx comes out, will my replacement phone be a 700wx or w?

Neither...a 650.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Neither...a 650.
    You are kidding right?...
    If not, what could possibly make you think that? There is no way Verizon could get away with replacing Treo 700w's with 650's.. They will be replaced with 700w's.....
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    If not, what could possibly make you think that? There is no way Verizon could get away with replacing Treo 700w's with 650's.. They will be replaced with 700w's.....

Yes, I was only kidding, sorry. How can they replace the W with the W?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    it will be a refurbished W
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    I realize this was said jokingly, but I wouldn't put it past them. My wife had an e815 replaced and they sent her back a refurbished v710, just telling her it was the same phone, just a different color. I didn't notice until it was too late to bother over.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    I realize this was said jokingly, but I wouldn't put it past them. My wife had an e815 replaced and they sent her back a refurbished v710, just telling her it was the same phone, just a different color. I didn't notice until it was too late to bother over.

EEGADS!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Was talking with a Verizon rep today... He confirmed that the wx was definitly on its way... says he's seen one already. But it was more likely 2Q...
    Like April... were his words. hmmmmm

Not soon enough!!

Paul G
    <><
    I was about to get the 700w in October (I had actually gone so far as ordering it, but had a problem with the order) when I heard about the wx differences and its potentially coming to VZW. While holding out now looks to have been a mistake, or at least lengthier than I had planned, I wonder how many others are in my shoes. Specifically, how many people will still pick up a wx if it doesn't come until April, especially if there are other options available by then such as the i760 or xv6800? I know that I still haven't made up my mind. Of course, by this point, I would be happy if VZW would just release antything.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast