Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamF View Post
    I'm on a T600 with Verizon so it's time for me to upgrade. I'm thinking I'll go get the 700wx soon. The thing that is killing me is the 240x240 screen. The 650 had 320x320 and all current Palm devices do. Why do the modern Windows Mobile devices (750, 700w and 700wx) all have 240x240? Is it because WM licensing costs Palm a lot more than Palm OS so they need to cut corners somewhere to keep prices down? Thus using a less resolution screen? Or am I missing something else?
    Have you seen the actual 700wx screen in person?
    I dont think you will be disappointed at all. Especially coming from such a pixelated, color washed and low-resolution screen that is the screen for the 600.
    It is because there is no support in WM 5 for 320x320 resolution. This has been remidied in WM6, which we may or may not see an update for...
    bit_bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Have you seen the actual 700wx screen in person?
    I dont think you will be disappointed at all. Especially coming from such a pixelated, color washed and low-resolution screen that is the screen for the 600.
    I haven't seen a 700wx screen in person but I have seen the 700w. Won't it look exactly the same as that? Don't get me wrong, it's way better than the 600 but the 700p is so vibrant and sharp. I was just curious the reason. Now I understand that WM5 doesn't support 320x320.
    I read through the manual on my 700wx (which is much quicker doing normal activities than the w ever was) and it says that you can do bluetooth voice dialing through Voice Command. I thought there was some sort of limitation with the hardware?

Also, on page 68 of the manual, when setting up a bluetooth device, it says

"Do any of the following apply to the type of device you're connecting to?

A2DP/AVRCP enabled stereo headset: Check the Wireless Stereo Box."

Does this mean a2dp is present on the vzw 700wx?

Thanks in advance for the clarification, I'm a newb WM treo user.
    Last edited by bmckenna; 02/22/2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: clarity
    Yes a2dp works on 700wx. I believe people have confirmed that vzw 700wx still doesn't have voice dialing via bt out of the box.
    I recieved my VZW WX today and hooked it up to my sony HBH-DS970 blue tooth headset. It works. Stereo sound supported. HOWEVER, the music would skip every couple of seconds when I first used it. The problem does seem to have subsided but I will give it a full run through tonight.

I will keep you all posted if I run into any issues.
  7.    #267  
    got mine today, hooked it up and it is pathetically slow...also the keyboard has a bad tint to it
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hello, first time poster, long time reader, Had to call because my 700w is acting up, they are sending me a new one, 700w, I'm guessing, but I asked the guy what the differences were between the two phones, acting naive, and he stated that it has a 2.0 mp camara and can connect to a computer as a modem. I asked him if that was it, and he said yes. I asked him why they would release a new phone with just those two new options, and he really didnt have an answer for me. I'm guessing VZW is not letting them tell us about the whole more memory bit.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    2.0 mp camera?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I just checked the VZW website and it shows a 1.3 mp camera, do you think the VZW rep was full of it?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brbruce0 View Post
    I just checked the VZW website and it shows a 1.3 mp camera, do you think the VZW rep was full of it?
    Yes. The main difference between the W and the WX is the memory.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Yes. The main difference between the W and the WX is the memory.
    How is the overall quality of the troe700wx ?i have the 700w and waiting for the 700wx in the mail, is it less buggy than the 700w ? please give your opinions
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James2475 View Post
    How is the overall quality of the troe700wx ?i have the 700w and waiting for the 700wx in the mail, is it less buggy than the 700w ? please give your opinions
    No bugs that I have seen as of yet WX vs. W. My advice to you is buy the WX..it's well worth it.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I've never used the W, I'm on Sprint, but from what I've read there are no crashes when using PIE due to running out of memory, you can have many more apps open without issues, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    No bugs that I have seen as of yet WX vs. W. My advice to you is buy the WX..it's well worth it.
    I couldn't agree more. I have only had the WX for a day, and can honestly say it crushes the W.

(btw Robdam, the WX is doing well with BT on my plantronics voyager 510... the link still drops when I am not on a call, but it's cake to link up again. I'm taking your advice though. I ordered a Moto HS850. Thanks for the tip.)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileRealtor View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I have only had the WX for a day, and can honestly say it crushes the W.

(btw Robdam, the WX is doing well with BT on my plantronics voyager 510... the link still drops when I am not on a call, but it's cake to link up again. I'm taking your advice though. I ordered a Moto HS850. Thanks for the tip.)
    Giddy Up!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Ok, so kinda big news here...

I called today to get a replacement W (speaker, headphone jack, and sync port are all busted on mine) and I asked the rep to upgrade me to the WX. He said, and I quote, "Well, you might get lucky and get a WX. They're phasing out the W in favor of the WX so those will be gone soon."

Very interesting....
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Is there a way to have my WX sound to notify me when I recieve a text message?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Settings - Sounds & Notifications
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314