Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
  1.    #241  
    is it a 3 strike rule or your first replacement?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    call back and get another rep

Mine is on the way will be here by Thursday
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I tried again.. this time when I called, the technician looked at the 6 times I needed a replacement and told me he was recommending I get the Treo 700wx envoking the "lemon law"... All I needed to do was to go to a main VerizonWireless store and visit the technician.
    So, thats what I did... of course I got in there and the woman was like "we don't have the 700wx".. I told her they did, I had just called... she was like... "oh, hmmm,"... walked away and came back with a Brand New 700wx!!!
    Then, it took themn 35 excrutiating minutes to activate the new one... huh? Its there "Process" I was told.

Any way 45minutes later I had a new 700wx... didn't pay a dime!!!!

Hope its more stable than the 700w!!!

Good luck all!!
    Paul G
    So can you confirm bt ad2p? bt voice dialing? come on! details! MMS out of the box?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    urrgggg verizon.....you KILL me!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    just spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with verizon. i've been through 4 phones (700w) and they were like yes, you are on the 3 strike thing, but you should take it into a store so they can look at the device and see what problems you are having. then they will look up that you are on the 4th device and most likely swap you for the new model...

i'm just worred that it is kinda hard to convince them the phone is not working by factory spec, because 32 MB was factor spec....yes, it sucks...any ideas?
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Try to load cnn.com or espn.com in front of them & allow them to witness the phone completely freeze. That should take care of it.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i really like that idea, i just loaded espn though in about 30 seconds and then made a call as it was loading, hung up and it returned to ie....

so ahhhhhh.. (why does the phone work when i'm trying to prove what a POS it is!)
  8.    #248  
    make sure that you a billion apps running first then load espn or some other app
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I tried again.. this time when I called, the technician looked at the 6 times I needed a replacement and told me he was recommending I get the Treo 700wx envoking the "lemon law"... All I needed to do was to go to a main VerizonWireless store and visit the technician.
    So, thats what I did... of course I got in there and the woman was like "we don't have the 700wx".. I told her they did, I had just called... she was like... "oh, hmmm,"... walked away and came back with a Brand New 700wx!!!
    Then, it took themn 35 excrutiating minutes to activate the new one... huh? Its there "Process" I was told.

Any way 45minutes later I had a new 700wx... didn't pay a dime!!!!

Hope its more stable than the 700w!!!

Good luck all!!
    Paul G
    Congrats have a great time with your new toy
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    i really like that idea, i just loaded espn though in about 30 seconds and then made a call as it was loading, hung up and it returned to ie....

so ahhhhhh.. (why does the phone work when i'm trying to prove what a POS it is!)
    Not the PDA version but the regular page. Especially cnn.com,that's a better example.
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    is it a 3 strike rule or your first replacement?
    This would be the second replacement but they were like you have the W, so we have to replace it with the W eventhought W is discontinued. Any ideas? I am getting tired of the memory issue on this phone(and palm I guess) and I might just ebay a few things just to get the XV6800(off ebay a while after it comes out). Actually I might get the WX if they can give me a free replacement(unlike last time they said nothing about a fee and acted like I owed nothing but in actuallity had to pay 50 needless to say my father fixed that issue after hours of complaining).
  12.    #252  
    have them send another refurb...then when you get it..."it might have issues" that you have to call them back on....then be very very nice as that will be your 3rd strike and you will get a new phone....but be very nice and ask for the 700wx as a replacement given all the trouble you have had with the 700w....that is about the best thing I can tell you.
    they said they will give me a new W and nothing else.
  14.    #254  
    I have been down that road several times Just call back during normal hours (8-5)ish and try again....make just take the right person....but first you need them to have the 3rd strike rule in effect so you have one more refurb to go through.
    is there any way around it? but then again i am leaning towards getting the new xv6800 comes out I guess this is pointless.
  16.    #256  
    then i would not waste my time if i just wanted a different phone anways.
    so let say i get this phone replace to another W because of the memory issues and then the 6800 comes out a few months latter. will I be able to upgrade to that with the 3 strikes rule and how much would I have to pay? I only ask this because I happy with my treo but the way I see it is HTC has better support than the palm. Just look at all the HTC phones that can be upgrade AKU 3.3 and 3.5 when we are still 2.2 or something.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    All I can say is that this phone rocks.
    I'm on a T600 with Verizon so it's time for me to upgrade. I'm thinking I'll go get the 700wx soon. The thing that is killing me is the 240x240 screen. The 650 had 320x320 and all current Palm devices do. Why do the modern Windows Mobile devices (750, 700w and 700wx) all have 240x240? Is it because WM licensing costs Palm a lot more than Palm OS so they need to cut corners somewhere to keep prices down? Thus using a less resolution screen? Or am I missing something else?
    @AdamF

WM5 does not support 320x320, but it does support 240x240. Palm put a cheaper screen in for 240x240 since that's all WM5 could support. WM6 does support 320x320, but the current WM Treos screen is limited to 240x240. Therefore, even if we see a WM6 upgrade, we will be limited to 240x240 unless we change out our screens. Shadomite is currently working on a project to put a 650 or 700p screen on a 700wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer