Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
  1.    #221  
    refurb probably never, but when you get a 3 strike rule new replacement....probably with in a month I would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    Does anyone know when they will start replacing bad 700w phones with the 700wx when you call tech support and they have to send a refurb unit?

Just wondering if anyone knows this kinda info..

THANKs
    Paul G
    probably not until there's an 900x out. there will be plenty of refurbed 700w for at least a couple of years.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    probably not until there's an 900x out. there will be plenty of refurbed 700w for at least a couple of years.
    I got the 700wx coming to me the day after tomorrow. Heres what I did last week I got a replacement 700w from verizon as mentioned in another post on this forum. The replacement was a refurb with the keyboard a lot dimmer and a funny dark spot on the screen. I called verizon this morning and talked to tech support after we talked I asked him since i'm having a problem with this refurb in less then a week could they switch me out for the wx. He put me on hold for 3 minutes came back and said the only people that could switch me out would be customer service. I asked the guy if he could post some appropriate notes on my account to make it easier for customer service. Then we chit chatted for two minutes about the phone and he then transfered me to customer service. I talked to a nice lady there named Malinda and she said she would check with the supervisor cause they are the only ones that can switch out phones. After speaking with her super she came back and told me that the supervisor said it was ok to give me the wx. She also pointed out at verizon the price points are the same so no harm in giving out the wx. My suggestion for people who want the wx is be very very nice to tech support and customer support and if needed play dumb.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Wow....sill no pre-installed Text messaging app from palm.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I am trying to swap my 700w for a 700wx -- it is 15 days old (yesterday-- but I'm arguing that doesn't count b/c of the holiday). It is a corporate account and the original packaging was inadvertantly tossed by our phone coordinator. Ahhhhh! Any suggestions?
    Verizon is so shady....they still refuse to admit that the 700w has a design flaw. If you go to their website and compare the w to the wx they still do not make mention that there is a difference in program memory. Side by side they appear to be the same phone and the only difference being the x. If you are a newbie to the 700 you might purchase the w as opposed to the wx because the w is $10 less. What is wrong with Verizon? As a current w user that is really upsetting that they do not clearly state this as being a difference.
    I just called my local Verizon store and they had no clue about the 700wx being launched today. The rep even said that there was no information about it in his computer system. So I then called Verizon customer service... they said that the 700wx was an online offer ONLY. They did not have any information on when the wx would be released to stores. Bummer.

I also, on a whim, called Palm about the stereo bluetooth support. I was put in contact with technical support where they informed me that the Verizon 700wx does not support stereo bluetooth connections. It looks like the community has some more work to do in order to get our a2dp working properly on the 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by mordendrak View Post
    I just called my local Verizon store and they had no clue about the 700wx being launched today. The rep even said that there was no information about it in his computer system. So I then called Verizon customer service... they said that the 700wx was an online offer ONLY. They did not have any information on when the wx would be released to stores. Bummer.

I also, on a whim, called Palm about the stereo bluetooth support. I was put in contact with technical support where they informed me that the Verizon 700wx does not support stereo bluetooth connections. It looks like the community has some more work to do in order to get our a2dp working properly on the 700wx.
    If I had not been using the Q and its A2DP support I would never have known just what a key feature it is. Even after all my tough talk I am still debating about getting the WX.

Stores will sell the wx on Friday.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    I got the 700wx coming to me the day after tomorrow. Heres what I did last week I got a replacement 700w from verizon as mentioned in another post on this forum. The replacement was a refurb with the keyboard a lot dimmer.........
    Ok... I went through this whole thing... everyone I talked to said yup the "3 strike our out" upgrade to a new phone should apply. Since this is my SIXTH treo in a year! I got all the way up the chain to a senior account manager... who was kinda of a dic*! He said that thats not the way that program works, and If I wanted a new kind of phone I would have to pay full price for it... YEEESH! He wouldn't budge!
    So now I'm stuck.
    Guess its all in who you get...
    Nice job sschlesinger... you got a nice one.

Paul G
  10.    #230  
    call back and get another rep

Mine is on the way will be here by Thursday
  11.    #231  
    Also it was online 2 days, then in stores for a week then to agents...
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    Ok... I went through this whole thing... everyone I talked to said yup the "3 strike our out" upgrade to a new phone should apply. Since this is my SIXTH treo in a year! I got all the way up the chain to a senior account manager... who was kinda of a dic*! He said that thats not the way that program works, and If I wanted a new kind of phone I would have to pay full price for it... YEEESH! He wouldn't budge!
    So now I'm stuck.
    Guess its all in who you get...
    Nice job sschlesinger... you got a nice one.

Paul G
    Like I said at the end of my post you have to be nice to them i figured the customer support peepes have the ball in their court. But i also think getting a piece of crap refurb helped as well.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    If you are out of contract, you could threaten to cancel and move to Sprint to get the wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well mine is on the way. I will have it tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    If you are out of contract, you could threaten to cancel and move to Sprint to get the wx.
    I would say not to threaten...but be nice it seems to work better from experience...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    so how many people have complained and gotten a wx now?
    I've been trying to get two new 700w's from our rep for nearly three weeks now. I finally got a big box from Verizon today, only to discover that I can now get the 700wx. These are going straight back.

Does the wx have built in tethering or do you still need a third party app like PDANet?
    anyone want to upload the new VZW firmware please?
    What no WM6? Bummer.
    So i call tech support and act kinda of dumb like I do not know much, and say i got memory issues on my phone and my phone keep freezing. He goes I will send out an replacement phone if you want. I ask i read that there this phone got a update that fixes the memory issue i have will i get that phone. He goes since you have a W we can only replace it with a W not with the new WX since that is a different phone.