I hear ya...back on topic we are getting a WX in less then a week

Only online for two days
    then one week exclusive stores
    then agents

that is what I heard anyways from a agent
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Pay no attention to NYC_rock ...almost all of his posts bash the 700W as well as VZW. He doesn't even realize that the WX IS on the Testman site which means it will be released.
    Proof it pays to read the entire thread b4 posting. Stop hatin.

I'm first in line to get the WX here in C-town. I have not been with Verizon long enough to experience a PPC Phone release. 9 months is a tad long to go without a release but the service is great.

Anyway, will stores usually have it on release day or is the 20th the ship day?

Thanks and I can finally rid myself of the Q.
    Go Bucks!
  3.    #183  
    Only online for two days
    then one week exclusive stores
    then agents
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    wx > *
    http://www.engadget.com/page/2/

Confirmed for the 20th. But will it have bluetooth for voice dialing and stereo headset support? If not, then really, whats the point. Anybody who commits to two years is going to be upset when Verizon releases something getter six months down the road. With that said, if it does address these issues, I will have mine on the 20th.
    Just spoke to an online rep who claimed not to know much, but did confirm that there would be stereo bluetooth function.
    He also claimed that it was launching in the west and midwest first. (I, of course, live in the NY-NJ metro area) I have a new 700w which will be 15 days old on Monday. The online rep told me I was screwed. Ahhhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    Just spoke to an online rep who claimed not to know much, but did confirm that there would be stereo bluetooth function.
    He also claimed that it was launching in the west and midwest first. (I, of course, live in the NY-NJ metro area) I have a new 700w which will be 15 days old on Monday. The online rep told me I was screwed. Ahhhh!

You're not screwed at all. Take the phone back this weekend and do a complete return, switch to an old phone you hopefully have lying around...when the 700wx comes out, you'll be eligible for the upgrade price (but probably not the 15 day return dealie). This is what two VZW reps have told me is a viable option for me, and I set it in motion last night by returning my 700w.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Question for you guys. After Verizon releases the phone will Palm have it available on their website immediatly or will there be a delay as to when Palm begins to sell the phone?
    I wonder how they would have fixed this. Does the 700wx on the Sprint Network have the ability to dial by voice on a BT headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by shkbra1 View Post
    I wonder how they would have fixed this. Does the 700wx on the Sprint Network have the ability to dial by voice on a BT headset?
    no, the wx on sprint doesn't do this. altho the 750 on cingular does.
    If true we would need a willing participant to dump the vzw wx rom so that we can copy the bluetooth stack for other treo users. It would be a happy day indeed since it would mean all treo 700's would be a2dp capable.
    Greetings all.
    I have been lurking for a while on this board. there is alot of very useful info here.
    Just thought I would throw my 2cents in. I talked to a Verizon saleswoman today and I will be able to get my 700wx on Tues the 20th. I will be going to the store Tues morning to pick it up.

Scott
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Well, I did the same thing Scott and I got the usual answer from the store reps. "I don't know maybe by the end of the week." I like your answer better!
    Last edited by verks; 02/18/2007 at 10:34 PM.
    Go Bucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by smckeown View Post
    Greetings all.
    I have been lurking for a while on this board. there is alot of very useful info here.
    Just thought I would throw my 2cents in. I talked to a Verizon saleswoman today and I will be able to get my 700wx on Tues the 20th. I will be going to the store Tues morning to pick it up.

Scott
    What kind of promotion or pricing did they say, are u an existing verizon customer and do you already have the 700w and switching to the wx model.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by verks View Post
    Well, I did the same thing Scott and I got the usual answer from the store reps. "I don't know maybe by the end of the week." I like your answer better!
    The rep kind of implied that he had them already but couldn't give them out.
    I asked when they were available and he said very quickly "Let me check when they are AVAILABLE." then told me to come in on Tues.

Scott
    Last edited by smckeown; 02/19/2007 at 06:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    What kind of promotion or pricing did they say, are u an existing verizon customer and do you already have the 700w and switching to the wx model.
    I am a Verizon customer already but I do not have a treo yet.
    I just turned off service on an old (very old, blackberry) in favor of one device that will check email and make call.

He didnt mention any sale pricing but did say I can use my new every 2 $100 discount.

Scott
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    All I know is that I have instructed my rep to automaticly order one for my on Tuesday morning. So I will be one of the first to have a Treo WX. Mine will arrive on Wednesday. I have waited too loon not to get it. I didn't switch companys just to get it so now is my time.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that the Treo 700wx is off the testman site?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    It's still on there.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I just checked at 10:55 EST and it's still there.

http://testman.verizonwireless.com/b...edPhoneId=2889