1.    #1  
    Well, I got my Treo 750 today from the Amazon deal. I have been spending some time getting it all setup. Trying to set it up as similar to my 700wx as I can.

However, since playing with the device, it is not abundantly clear to me why this device is such an upgrade to the 700wx. To those who have had both devices (please, no speculation or Sprint vs Cingular comparisons), what are the reasons you are keeping this and ditching the 700wx?

Memory seems about the same.
    processor is same speed. is the Samsung faster?
    EVDO seems faster thatn the UMTS (Yes, I know you can HACK HSDPA).
    Screen is the same

Besides a tiny bit smaller form factor and lack of antenna, I am having difficulties seeing the difference.

Thoughts?

Again, this is not a carrier war. It is your experience as to why the 750 is a better device.
    I think you have it pretty much figured out. The 700wx has slightly more application ram, the 750 very slightly more storage ram. The 700wx has bigger battery, the 750 a slightly better form factor (I do love the soft touch paint on the 750). EVDO IS faster on the 700wx at least for now, and in general the CDMA vendors have better data coverage than Cingular (at least for now). The only advantage the 750 really has is if you go outside the U.S. It can be used in Europe, Asia, and even Japan with UMTS.

The 750 is really an upgrade to the 650, since that's what GSM users have had until recently.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    and A2DP
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    And bluetooth voice dialing!

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    and A2DP
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    And simultaneous voice + data.
    A2DP support was a very big influence for me to get the 750. I listen to music several hours a day at work (listening right now) and I was sick of having to drag along a dongle all the time with my 700wx.

I also like the audio over my bluetooth headset so i can listen to slingplayer wirelessly in the car (can't use headphones while driving). And voice dialing over my headset is very nice.

When I first got my 750 I was disspointed in the slower browsing speed, but I soon found out that changing the dns servers in connection settings fixed that.

Oh and I love the thinner size and lighter battery. It feels significantly lighter in the hand. And even though I didn't like having to move to a mini sd card at first, at least I know I won't lose the thing like I did with the wx.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Well, I got my Treo 750 today from the Amazon deal. I have been spending some time getting it all setup. Trying to set it up as similar to my 700wx as I can.

However, since playing with the device, it is not abundantly clear to me why this device is such an upgrade to the 700wx. To those who have had both devices (please, no speculation or Sprint vs Cingular comparisons), what are the reasons you are keeping this and ditching the 700wx?

Memory seems about the same.
    processor is same speed. is the Samsung faster?
    EVDO seems faster thatn the UMTS (Yes, I know you can HACK HSDPA).
    Screen is the same

Besides a tiny bit smaller form factor and lack of antenna, I am having difficulties seeing the difference.

Thoughts?

Again, this is not a carrier war. It is your experience as to why the 750 is a better device.
    I tried the 700wx a few times and aloways went back to 700p. I am now sold on the 750 because of the form factor (that to me IS a big difference) as well as the HSPDA sppeds that double (and somtimes triple) Sprint's EVDO.
    With the hsdpa hack the 750 is faster than my 700wx. The 750 wins in form factor. I felt the 750's keyboard is a little more cramped than my 700wx, it's hard to notice but the 700wx's spacebar is a little longer. I also prefer the separate button layout on the 700wx (phone, windows, ok, end) compared to the 750 and 680's.
    Jimmie Geddes