1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried this program as yet? I'm a little hesitant to install because I haven't done a backup just in case I need to hard reset.
    http://audacityaudio.com/ppcper.htm
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 01/30/2007 at 06:58 PM.
    I'll take a look, D...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Has anyone tried this program as yet? I'm a little hesitant to install because I haven't done a backup just in case I need to hard reset.
    http://audacityaudio.com/ppcper.htm
    I have used the personal DVR program, granted it is the Palm version for my Treos 650 and 680 but I believe the features are quite similar on the pocket PC version. For me its quite stable, does one button recording, call recording with one button too, advanced file sorting on the SD card and audio alarms. This pocket PC version is new, so you will have to see for yourself if it is as good as I have found the palm version to be.

I have found the Palm version noticeably faster and more responsive than mvoice or callrec but the feature which I like best is that it can append new recordings to previous recordings. Unlike any other recording program for the treo, audacity can navigate througout the recording and you can append wherever you want in the original recording.

For example, if you find that in minute one of a 10 minute dictation you misspoke, you can just rewind, find where you misspoke and then overwrite it, just like you could with a tape recorder. You cannot do that with any other program, for example mvoice can only append at the end of the recording.

So if you are using the program for serious dictation, I have found that audacity is the only way to go. I would be interested to see how it works for others on the Pocket PC, please post your experience if you do a trial of it.
    I tried it. Couldn't get it to recognize my 2GB card.