1.    #1  
    So just now i called the 800 number as i have done everyday for about a week or so. The guy i spoke with today says the reason the 750 is not available online yet is due to some "webpage issue" when they were redesigning their site or merging areas or something. They want to make it "perfect" before releasing it. He was very uncertain about whether or not there would be an unbranded, unlocked phone available but speculated there would be (at least at some point). He said it may be a couple more weeks and that they weren't doing phone orders either right now because they wanted to release them online at the same time as through the phone center. Sounds lame, but its what he told me.

My guess: It'll eventually be on palm.com but only the Cingular branded one like they have been releasing to their own retail stores where webpage issues are a nonfactor. I'll bet palm has been "bought" by cingular to not offer an unlocked one (at least for a limited time) in exchange for something (like money!). But these are my guesses.

I have a 750 cingular branded which i paid full price for and love. i just want to return it before my return period is up to get an unlocked one since it basically cost me the same! grrrrr. Here's to hoping!
    Call back and see if you get the same answer from someone else.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  3.    #3  
    I'm not good at the "playing stupid" and calling back game. So perhaps someone else can try it and tell us what palm tells them. i called 800-881-7256 and choose the options as if i was going to buy a smart phone. I think it was maybe hitting 2 twice or something. I asked if they were still planning to have the 750 by the end of the month and if they had any other information. I specifically also asked if the advertised version they intended to offer by "Late January" was a Cingular branded phone or an unlocked one.
    I got the same vague answers you did. The salespeople know nothing until the page is actually up. And they have no concrete answers for anything.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!