1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just got my refurb 700w in the mail. I set it up & found the data doesnt work. I called tech support who said it would take about 24-48 hours for the data issues to correct themselves. This sounds like BS to me.

I asked about esclating it to another level of tech support & he said they would call me back in 24 hours.

Did I get swindled here?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Hi,

I just got my refurb 700w in the mail. I set it up & found the data doesnt work. I called tech support who said it would take about 24-48 hours for the data issues to correct themselves. This sounds like BS to me.

I asked about esclating it to another level of tech support & he said they would call me back in 24 hours.

Did I get swindled here?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Verizon virtually has NO support for smartphones in my opinion. I remember when I first got my treo last year, they wouldn't even touch it whenever I contacted them about a issue. And this month when I called about my SMS issue, the rep can saying it was a blackberry and went thru the blackberry procedure for checking software information.
    Does the phone work at all or is it just not showing certain Verizon supplied info, ie your phone number?

The reason I ask is that when I bought my new 700w I was told the same thing as far as why my phone info was not correct under the settings. Well it did eventually download from their network. Despite the phone showing the wrong # under phone info it worked from the point it was initialized.

Mind you I also had to set the voicemail functions myself as no one there knew how to do those settings. (by this I mean have the phone dial MY voicemail which was always automatic with other phones).
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I recently did a refurb swap as well. They told me up to 48 hours as well, and that I'd get a call from level 2 support. I never got the call but data started working again in about 4 hours. Although, the phone worked the entire time.
    just do what I dod when my refurb arrived is edit the connection yorself. just input the username and password, leave the domain field blank and you are back online.
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    I recently did a refurb swap as well. They told me up to 48 hours as well, and that I'd get a call from level 2 support. I never got the call but data started working again in about 4 hours. Although, the phone worked the entire time.

Thats exactly what happened to me. Both on the phone working & the data not & the resolution.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    It seems the data portion of the network can take a while to accept an ESN change. Isn't VZW different from Sprint in that the data and voice portions of the network are completely separate? Although, when I was able to switch the ESN via my online account, everything worked almost instantly. It was when I had to go back to my old device (I wanted to erase everything using Remote Wipe via my Exchange server) and then tried to switch ESNs for a 3rd time that I had a problem.

At least everything worked out for both of us in the end. The VZW reps were actually telling the truth (except for the callback from Level 2).