1.    #1  
    I just switched to a 700wx from an 8525 (and I switched carriers to Sprint but that's not important here). On my 8525, I could choose "add note" while on the phone and it would automatically fill in the time I called, the number and gave me a place to make notes. That note was filed in my "calls" folder automatically. I just tried to do this on my 700 and all it did was open file explorer to the notes folder. How do I duplicate the behavior I had on my 8525 on the 700? I've got PI installed as my PIM if that matters (I had it as my PIM on the 8525 too). TIA.
  2.    #2  
    Really? No help? I'm really struggling with this limitation. I'm open to 3rd party programs too.
    Sounds like a nice feature. I'm new to the 700wx too. I hope you find an answer.
    While I'm on a call and want to have a note created that time/date stamps the call I press the Menu (Start) buttun and select Notes (I have selected Notes to be part of the drop down start menu so I only have to press the menu key and the letter "N"). The Notes page opens up and I press the left soft key for "New". A new note is automatically created and if you have previously gone into your Notes/Options and selected the default template as "phone memo", your new note (while still in the phone call) will look something like this:

Caller: Jon Doe (If John Doe is in your address book)
    Company: ABC, Inc. (If John Doe's company is part of his contact info)
    Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
    Date & Time: 2/1/07, 8:32 A
    Notes: This is where you can type in any pertinent info either while on the call with John Smith or after you hang up

I use this quite frequently, hope this helps.

Russ
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post
    While I'm on a call and want to have a note created that time/date stamps the call I press the Menu (Start) buttun and select Notes (I have selected Notes to be part of the drop down start menu so I only have to press the menu key and the letter "N"). The Notes page opens up and I press the left soft key for "New". A new note is automatically created and if you have previously gone into your Notes/Options and selected the default template as "phone memo", your new note (while still in the phone call) will look something like this:

Caller: Jon Doe (If John Doe is in your address book)
    Company: ABC, Inc. (If John Doe's company is part of his contact info)
    Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
    Date & Time: 2/1/07, 8:32 A
    Notes: This is where you can type in any pertinent info either while on the call with John Smith or after you hang up

I use this quite frequently, hope this helps.

Russ
    That's precisely what I was looking for! Is there any way to cut out those interim steps? I think that the 8525 just cleverly mapped the "new note with phone template" function to the "create note" option of the phone application. This will do for now - I really appreciate it - but I'd love to make it a step or 2 fewer.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have the side button mapped to launch the Notes App.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    The actual number of key presses for me is three. "Start" "N" and "New". Of course I already have my default note format set as "phone memo" and I have Notes selected as one of the 7 programs in my Start Menu. Three keystrokes is pretty quick. If you wanted to make it 2 strokes map notes to your side button like Robdam. Hope this helps.

Russ